Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its totally unrealistic to assume Moshiri will continue to bankroll us to the degree he has, he would be skint within 5 years and the whole point in him buying the club is to turn a profit.

But the fellas a madman :

"Look, we know what we need, as Evertonians we know what we need."Farhad is constantly saying: 'Get it, get it, get it'."

We do have lots of assets to sell, lots and lots, now we arent gonna be turning a profit on most of them, but as you say theres a few pennies to be gained, cut the wage bill a little by releasing the higher earners like Baines, Jags, Williams. So whilst im expecting a touch of prudence, we are certainly gonna have lots of wiggle room to make lots of signings in the Summer, IMO.

But the treasure chest has basically been burnt at the stake.

That's my fear. They've got to get the club in shape or we'll be looking at a Billionaire owner with a cash flow problem and a club without money.

Well we have both seen worse times for sure, that time we went 2 years without a signing bar signing frigging Gueye and Velios for a combined 1.25m, good times for sure.

And its not a long term prudence, if we get the wage bill down, reduce the first team squad which will be around 35 odd players or so in May once our loans come back. Get the club back on track, we have lots of money to play with, the biggest thing is to get that wage bill down, we do that and we can still have a VERY good 25 man squad.

I can only imagine what Brands thought of it all once he had a closer look at things, I mean I havent had a closer look, im not gonna pretend im an expert, im really not, but the whole thing is a horror show and it only looks that bad cos so many players flopped at once, if we had used the money and bought good players it might not have mattered.

We have, there were years under Moyes we were seriously to the pin of our color, holding 35 mill in debt, we were making about 60-80 million in those years, it was mad, we actually had a good team and we were that one big signing away from having a right go at the glass ceiling. We just couldn’t scrape any cash and eventually the house of cards came down, as Arteta, Lescott, Pienaar and the rest were all sold to balance the books and the squad aged. You look at it now with City and Spurs who were behind us those years and have jumped to the level we should have gotten to.

Without doubt we can be healthy, but the club needs capital we need fees and we need the wage bill lowered and we need to take our medicine. We are still on the hook to clubs for signing their rubbish so the nature of the fee is important. Another avenue is the other operating costs, they are 60mil + a huge part of that is the legacy of sacking, Allardyce, Koeman and Martinez and their staff. Also we have put lot of money already into the stadium. We need to manage costs in a few different areas. If the above can be managed well I think we will have some finance, but not anything huge, my own opinion is we will rely on player trading, buy low sell high, loans, frees.

The whole thing was rank top to bottom, the management and recruitment was a symptom of poor governance and a poor board, that has changed now. We blew the boom, imagine if we had invested it wisely where we could be both on and off the pitch. We are a manure show and the squad looks like exactly what is, the mismatch of players signed by Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva. Five different managers and every one a completely different philosophey. We are a basket case in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Well hes at least got most of them out there "making" us money, at least theres that.

He can polish a turd enough that somebody might want to hold it, but when the shine comes off, its still a turd.

I guess getting wages off the books is better than nothing, but I'd like to see half of these gone pronto. I haven't kept up, but I suppose we can't be lucky enough to have some expiring soon?

We have, there were years under Moyes we were seriously to the pin of our color, holding 35 mill in debt, we were making about 60-80 million in those years, it was mad, we actually had a good team and we were that one big signing away from having a right go at glass ceiling. We just couldn’t scrape any cash and eventually the house of cards came down, as Arteta, Lescott, Pienaar and the rest were all sold to balance the books and the squad aged. You look at it now with City and Spurs who were behind us those years and have jumped to the level we should have gotten to.

Without doubt we will be healthy, but the club needs capital we need fees and we need the wage bill lowered. We are still on the hook to clubs for signing their rubbish so the nature of the fee is important. Another avenue is the other operating costs, they are 60mil + a huge part of that is the legacy of sacking, Allardyce, Koeman and Martinez and their staff. Also we have put lot of money already into the stadium. We need to manage costs in a few different areas. If the above can be managed well I think we will have some finance, but not anything huge, my own opinion is we will rely on player trading, buy low sell high, loans, frees.

The whole thing was rank top to bottom, the management and recruitment was a symptom of poor governance and a poor board, that has changed now. We blew the boom, imagine if we had invested it wisely where we could be both on and off the pitch. We are manure show and the squad is looks like exactly what is, the mismatch of players signed by Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva. Five different managers and everyone a completely different philosophey. We are a basket case in a lot of ways.

в некотором смысле, добро пожаловать домой Алишер

Baines, Jags, Williams are all out of contract in June.

Theres like 200k a week.
Baines will deffo stay until he's 37. I also would be surprised if Jagielka leaves, sad to say. Needs to get gone. Williams thankfully guaranteed to be gone, yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back