Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its totally unrealistic to assume Moshiri will continue to bankroll us to the degree he has, he would be skint within 5 years and the whole point in him buying the club is to turn a profit.

But the fellas a madman :

"Look, we know what we need, as Evertonians we know what we need."Farhad is constantly saying: 'Get it, get it, get it'."

We do have lots of assets to sell, lots and lots, now we arent gonna be turning a profit on most of them, but as you say theres a few pennies to be gained, cut the wage bill a little by releasing the higher earners like Baines, Jags, Williams. So whilst im expecting a touch of prudence, we are certainly gonna have lots of wiggle room to make lots of signings in the Summer, IMO.

But the treasure chest has basically been burnt at the stake.
Did you write this?!

Its totally unrealistic to assume Moshiri will continue to bankroll us to the degree he has, he would be skint within 5 years and the whole point in him buying the club is to turn a profit.

But the fellas a madman :

"Look, we know what we need, as Evertonians we know what we need."Farhad is constantly saying: 'Get it, get it, get it'."

We do have lots of assets to sell, lots and lots, now we arent gonna be turning a profit on most of them, but as you say theres a few pennies to be gained, cut the wage bill a little by releasing the higher earners like Baines, Jags, Williams. So whilst im expecting a touch of prudence, we are certainly gonna have lots of wiggle room to make lots of signings in the Summer, IMO.

But the treasure chest has basically been burnt at the stake.

We need to be making up a deficit of 35 mill. That is for us to just to spend what we make, 171mill this year in my opinion. We are spending about 205 mill. Like I said that’s not impossible, our squad and wage bill is ridiculously big. Worse than that when you do a cost benefit analysis player by player it’s actually embarrassing, some of our top earners can’t get into the match day squad, some aren’t even at the club. Clearly given we spend 205 mill, make 171, that’s a situation that’s unsustainable.

To be honest we’ve been in worst situations, we’ve both seen them, but definite remedial action is required. To be honest if Moshiri invests anything else in the club on the playing side he’s a fool, that’s not to say he won’t invest in the ground he will. But the club needs to organically bring down its cost base. Hence why I’m banging on about sales.

Your right, we could do it all in a lump, sell Gueye, Pickford, Richarlison etc. like the way it was in the Moyes days, sell big and reinvest small.

As for the next window I think we will see more of the same, a couple of signing, a couple of loans, clever frees. They will be investment based, buy low and improve value. Not sure it will be anything like big money, net will be reasonable and based on player trading. It will be about recruiting, investing, growing and brining the cost base down. It’s were Brands will earn his corn.

The koolaide years are behind us.

We need to be making up a deficit of 35 mill. That is for us to just to spend what we make, 171mill this year in my opinion. We are spending about 205 mill. Like I said that’s not impossible, our squad and wage bill is ridiculously big. Worse the that when you do a cost benefit analysis player by player it’s actually embarrassing, some of our top earners can’t get into the match day squad, some aren’t even at the club. Clearly given we spend 205 mill, make 171, that’s a situation that’s unsustainable.

To be honest we’ve been in worst situations, we’ve both seen them, but definite remedial action is required. To be honest if Moshiri invests anything else in the club on the playing side he’s a fool, that’ses not to say he won’t invest in the ground he will. But the club needs to organically bring down its cost base. Hence why I’m banging on about sales.

Your right, we could do it all in a lump, sell Gueye, Pickford, Richarlison etc. like the way it was in the Moyes days, sell big and reinvest small.

As for the next window I think we will see more of the same, a couple of signing, a couple of loans, clever frees. They will be investment based, buy low and improve value. Not sure it will be anything like big money, net will be reasonable and based on player trading. It will be about recruiting, investing, growing and brining the cost base down. It’s were Brands will earn his corn.

The koolaide years are behind us.

Well we have both seen worse times for sure, that time we went 2 years without a signing bar signing frigging Gueye and Velios for a combined 1.25m, good times for sure.

And its not a long term prudence, if we get the wage bill down, reduce the first team squad which will be around 35 odd players or so in May once our loans come back. Get the club back on track, we have lots of money to play with, the biggest thing is to get that wage bill down, we do that and we can still have a VERY good 25 man squad.

I can only imagine what Brands thought of it all once he had a closer look at things, I mean I havent had a closer look, im not gonna pretend im an expert, im really not, but the whole thing is a horror show and it only looks that bad cos so many players flopped at once, if we had used the money and bought good players it might not have mattered.

Moratta is going to Atletico

Seems like niasse's loan has started a massive transfer merry go round amongst the top clubs.

Why do Chelsea buy these top class strikers too late?

Torres, Shevchenko, eto'o, anelka, giroud and now higuain? All great players in their day but Chelsea keep buying them when they're past it and all have been flops. Could include pato as well, even though he wasn't past it age wise, and was just a loan.

Will there? Somebody mentioned the other day, how many clubs have Striker depth? I mean Spurs have just lost their main Striker and all I read is them flapping about who will replace him. City and Arse are the only 2 I would say have proper Striker depth, maybe United as well actually.

And do we really need to replace somebody whos played 58 minutes?

More and more im getting the impression that we are keeping our powder dry till Summer personally.

Big, big summer coming up for the club, we have lots of returning loans, we have a few expiring contracts, I mean Baines, Jags and Williams alone are 3 players that havent contributed much so far this season and its roughly 200k a week in wages.

But anyway, think we need to get Tosun out the door before we see a Striker come in myself and even then its probably going to be a loan, so we might just go with 2 Strikers in Rico and DCL, which brings me back to my first point, not many other clubs have massive Striker depth.

I've only been paying attention about 5 or so summer windows and I think I've heard that one every window

Seems like niasse's loan has started a massive transfer merry go round amongst the top clubs.

Why do Chelsea buy these top class strikers too late?

Torres, Shevchenko, eto'o, anelka, giroud and now higuain? All great players in their day but Chelsea keep buying them when they're past it and all have been flops. Could include pato as well, even though he wasn't past it age wise, and was just a loan.
We signed Eto.
And tried to sign Giroud.

Just saying like.

We signed Eto.
And tried to sign Giroud.

Just saying like.

Yeah, but we can't attract pretty much every striker in the world. The weirdest thing from them though was having the perfect striker in Costa and sort of giving up on him after a good striker and loaning him out haha

Giroud made a terrible decision not coming here, him and siggy would have been just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back