Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of this season are you assuming isnt already down the pan mate?

This season is done, we go again in August.
In theory but I can see it spiraling further and ending with a bottom half finish, with all the top teams we have at home unless some work is done this window. It would be nice to wait to the summer to start the rebuild but we need a boost, a few in this window, just my opinion.

Said this before but a striker is not going to change anything if we don't actually change the way we are playing.

We don't create chances for a striker, our decision making is awful and our final ball shocking. You would get the same result playing a traffic cone up front.

Obviously its an area we can improve on but I think it is glossing over a bigger problem.
Not really their heads are all down now , it wasnt the case throughout the season when chance upon chance was being missed.
We needed a striker then & even moreso now.

What part of this season are you assuming isnt already down the pan mate?

This season is done, we go again in August.

Not just yet but we're 100% in that middle third of the Prem with little to play for. We're bad but not quite relegation bad. Cup run might be a welcome distraction. If season did end now i would accept it, notwithstanding that lot current position.

Not really their heads are all down now , it wasnt the case throughout the season when chance upon chance was being missed.
We needed a striker then & even moreso now.
Also when you know all your good play will mean nothing because you have no clinical edge up front to finish it off, it dents confidence too.

We were loaning players out rather than selling them before brands arrived though?

I'm sure brands had the issue of reducing the wage bill in the summer to be able to bring the players he did to the club. Which if it meant loans over transfers then so be it.

Once he gets going for real then the wages will drop and the quality will go up throughout the squad. So no more Martina's as stop gaps or mirallas type players getting contracts for nothing.
It's the unprecedented volume of loans and the time they were mostly all done (the summer) that are the issues. It's left us now with no scope to do what we're all now told is the new way forward: sell to buy.

It's such an obvious and justified criticism to make.

It's the unprecedented volume of loans and the time they were mostly all done (the summer) that are the issues. It's left us now with no scope to do what we're all now told is the new way forward: sell to buy.

It's such an obvious and justified criticism to make.
Selling rubbish players who are on high wages ain't that easy. Every club has overpaid duds that they can't shift, we just have more than anybody else!

And another club offers them higher wages regardless of performance.
What happens then.
The wages are their absolute minimum pay. It can't just be made lower. Most footballer contracts have all kinds of bonuses included, appearences/goals/etc, that's how you implement any kind of performance-related pay.
If that’s the case why not low ball wages all the time with performance incentives like that?
Look I understand how it could go completely wrong the base of it is I’m just absolutely pissed that we have some of the players we do on the wages they are. Will be a lot better when most are gone

Players we need to shift before this club can head in a positive direction: Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Jagielka, Stekelenberg, Browning, Davies, Gueye, Macca, Schneiderlin, Galloway, Niasse, Tarajash, Besic, Garbutt, Pennington.

List of above players who are at the club due to fault of Moshiri's appointment of Ferret Walsh: Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Stekelenberg, Pennington, Besic.

Assessment of those signings or new contracts at that time without the benefit of hindsight:
- Sandro: Fair
- Bolasie: Madness, borderline criminal negligent
- Mirallas: Eyeroll
- Tosun: LOL
- Sigurdsson: Over payment, unnecessary, not helpful, wasteful
- Stekelenberg: Obvious lack of appointment of actual decent scouts.
- Browning: LOL
- Pennington: Disbelief
- Besic: Inability to actually manage a list

I've not included the Schneiderlin signing in the above, as at the time, the vast majority were happy with the signing. And he was our best player for 6 months. Unfortunately, he woke up one morning and forgot he was a footballer.

There is enough money in those poor decisions, to buy some clubs competing in the premiership.

So if our policy is now two players out, 1 player in.
Package them as following:
Tosun/Niasse out. 20m striker in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Sigurdsson out. 20m CAM in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro out. 15m CM in.
Schnelderin/Besic out. 15m RB in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Gueye out/Macca out. Gomes in.

The rest are near impossible to move and from the above list, moving Sandro is like trying to push a Land Cruiser, in park mode, on your own.

Now I'm living in the fantasy land of Zatara as well. Not sure how he comes up with these lists, that has taken more out of me than by daily 52km cycle to work.
Need to eat some cocopops with a corona, what a terrible Sunday morning this is.

........and after all that being said. Yes, I'm talking residuals into a special fund. Because the inevitable injury, other important signing will need to occur. Give Marcel a budget and let the seasoned professional director of football fix this mess which will probably take another 3 years. Going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong 3 years, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Players we need to shift before this club can head in a positive direction: Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Jagielka, Stekelenberg, Browning, Davies, Gueye, Macca, Schneiderlin, Galloway, Niasse, Tarajash, Besic, Garbutt, Pennington.

List of above players who are at the club due to fault of Moshiri's appointment of Ferret Walsh: Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Stekelenberg, Pennington, Besic.

Assessment of those signings or new contracts at that time without the benefit of hindsight:
- Sandro: Fair
- Bolasie: Madness, borderline criminal negligent
- Mirallas: Eyeroll
- Tosun: LOL
- Sigurdsson: Over payment, unnecessary, not helpful, wasteful
- Stekelenberg: Obvious lack of appointment of actual decent scouts.
- Browning: LOL
- Pennington: Disbelief
- Besic: Inability to actually manage a list

I've not included the Schneiderlin signing in the above, as at the time, the vast majority were happy with the signing. And he was our best player for 6 months. Unfortunately, he woke up one morning and forgot he was a footballer.

There is enough money in those poor decisions, to buy some clubs competing in the premiership.

So if our policy is now two players out, 1 player in.
Package them as following:
Tosun/Niasse out. 20m striker in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Sigurdsson out. 20m CAM in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro out. 15m CM in.
Schnelderin/Besic out. 15m RB in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Gueye out/Macca out. Gomes in.

The rest are near impossible to move and from the above list, moving Sandro is like trying to push a Land Cruiser, in park mode, on your own.

Now I'm living in the fantasy land of Zatara as well. Not sure how he comes up with these lists, that has taken more out of me than by daily 52km cycle to work.
Need to eat some cocopops with a corona, what a terrible Sunday morning this is.

........and after all that being said. Yes, I'm talking residuals into a special fund. Because the inevitable injury, other important signing will need to occur. Give Marcel a budget and let the seasoned professional director of football fix this mess which will probably take another 3 years. Going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong 3 years, that is.

Are you using 70m to buy a Striker, a CAM, a CM and RB? And then talking about residual transfer kittys???????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back