Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I just said he has value against Spurs & City. Gana was pathetic tonight. Gomes has a piss poor game also. His passing just does not exist.
Dude, you didn't watch the same game. Gana passed the ball fine and was AGAIN all over the place supporting our wide attacks, where YET AGAIN, we didn't take care of the ball. If Gana didn't play today, we'd have lost 4 or 5 to 1. The rest of the team was THAT BAD.

Look, the reason we didn't do anything today is our CFs barely touched the ball. Richarlison had 23 touches in 64 minutes.

Cenk Tosun touched the ball twice. TWICE! in 26 minutes.

Gana won the ball back 11 times via tackle and/or interception and had a 90% pass success rate. It's not his responsibility to get it into dangerous areas. He's LEAST responsible for the lack of attack today.

His passing, close ball control and ability to create is atrocious.

For the club to improve, the midfield needs renewed. And Gomes needs signed. We haven't been able to calmly control the middle of the park since Barry/Barkley.

In a 433, your no.6 must have better ball control than Gueye presents with. Okay, sure - he has value against sky6 sides where we need to sit deeper and hunt. But to open up the remaining clubs, his pod should be plodded under the colorbond, either that or sent to a club which sits deep, period.

No its not. Its a myth that has been built up and over exaggerated over the past year or so. I find it mad how we are now sniping at one of our better players. The bloke is all over the pitch offering a passing option.

Gomes passing has been awful the past few games, proper awful. I like him personally but why do we ignore his awful passing over the past few games yet pile on Gueye? I dont get it.

Rightio, we don't sign Gomes then and we still sell Gueye. Now we need 3 new midfielders. Give Brands 50m, he can handle it with that.

The Gana passing dross isn't a myth. And his stats are continuously backed by his ease of pain passing. Difference between creative passing, and and passing it off for someone else to deal with.

Rightio, we don't sign Gomes then and we still sell Gueye. Now we need 3 new midfielders. Give Brands 50m, he can handle it with that.

The Gana passing dross isn't a myth. And his stats are continuously backed by his ease of pain passing. Difference between creative passing, and and passing it off for someone else to deal with.
Most if not all of the team has been guilty of playing the easy pass for a long time. Lack of movement in front or lack of confidence to try something ?

His job is to literally pass it off for someone else to deal with. He's doing his job.

Most if not all of the team has been guilty of playing the easy pass for a long time. Lack of movement in front or lack of confidence to try something ?

If we are guity of playing the easy pass and we are STILL leading the league in being dispossessed and bad touches, that is just pathetic.

LOL

Thats a great idea, apart from when West Ham say "We will give you 90k for 5 years", basically no player in the world would sign a performance-related contract.
In years past Spurs have done similar with their players. OK base but insane clauses/bonuses. So the players and wage bill were relatively low and not that bad but the players made a ton if they were key players.

Why can’t anyone see ganas job is to be everywhere and win possession. Then play a killer defence splitting pass. Before bombing forward 40yards to get on the end of a cutback to score.

If only.

In years past Spurs have done similar with their players. OK base but insane clauses/bonuses. So the players and wage bill were relatively low and not that bad but the players made a ton if they were key players.

App fees and win bonuses are quite normal, but I suppose they manage it, but they are a team that challenge for the Title, play in the CL and have a good manager, but yeah they havent always been, its always been their model tho, the players accept it.

They did get insanely lucky with Kane like.

Why can’t anyone see ganas job is to be everywhere and win possession. Then play a killer defence splitting pass. Before bombing forward 40yards to get on the end of a cutback to score.

If only.

End of a cutback? He should get on the end of his OWN killer balls. He should be able to easily be a 6 AND the 9. He'd probably just give it away.

App fees and win bonuses are quite normal, but I suppose they manage it, but they are a team that challenge for the Title, play in the CL and have a good manager, but yeah they havent always been, its always been their model tho, the players accept it.

They did get insanely lucky with Kane like.
They weren't when it was being implemented. Mate of mine was telling me about that abar 6-7 years ago.

And they wouldn't be near where they are if not for Kane.

His job is to literally pass it off for someone else to deal with. He's doing his job.

Dembele, Kante, Jorjingho, Doucoucouroure, Wijnaldum, Fernandinho, Torreira, Xaka, Ndidi, Matic, Neves, Lerma

All can pass with creativity.

Heck even Johnny flippidy Stones can do it playing CDM. Gana suits a hoofball/park bus formation.

I'd almost add Milivoajvic to that list as well. His creativity actually caused issues for Liverpool.

Creative CDM's are a must to be competitive against mid table sides and lower end sides in this league.

Gueye has a role to play against the sky6, where his attributes actually stop goals. But we need to create goals. We had a front 4 of Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Bernard and Lookman and could barely get it past the half way line when in possession. Gana along with AndeG, were both equally as pathetic.

The argument for letting Gueye go, has circled throughout this forum. He is a great athlete, can intercept and tackle but offers nothing going forward. His value will never be higher. The money can be better invested. We're currently a mid table club who can't pass the ball past the halfway line.
&
Whereas yabbar = transfer windows
slice = ability to actually doing something constructive

Our passing is the worst I have ever seen from any Everton team, we pass around atvthe back, under pressure and seeming outnumbered and somehow get it into midfielder who also seem to be outnumbered and cannot get to the isolated striker. We look like we are playing with 8 players as there are no options , no movement and everything is pedestrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back