Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you didn't watch the same game. Gana passed the ball fine and was AGAIN all over the place supporting our wide attacks, where YET AGAIN, we didn't take care of the ball. If Gana didn't play today, we'd have lost 4 or 5 to 1. The rest of the team was THAT BAD.

Look, the reason we didn't do anything today is our CFs barely touched the ball. Richarlison had 23 touches in 64 minutes.

Cenk Tosun touched the ball twice. TWICE! in 26 minutes.

Gana won the ball back 11 times via tackle and/or interception and had a 90% pass success rate. It's not his responsibility to get it into dangerous areas. He's LEAST responsible for the lack of attack today.

Strikers don’t touch the ball becuase our Cm which gana is the main culprit , are slow and crap at passing forwards

... I think after 200m++ we now have a worse team than before we started spending--i think our lukaku, delefeou, barclay and peak form baines and colman is better than our current team . We managed to spend huge amounts and go backwards.

If and when Gana gaye goes to psg we will become a much worse team (unless we get a good replafement and I don't see news on that) - his work rate is equivalent to 2 or 3 other everton players combined and without him disrupting play we will get overwhelmed by many teams that we currently only lose to by 1 or 2 goals.

My favorite myth. He's about the only one who DOES take care of the ball. This team leads the league in bad touches and being dispossed. Gana is one of the best on the team at it.

Imagine watching that game today, where Gana may 9 tackles, 2 interceptions, had the highest pass rate on the team, and thinking GOMES was the player we need to keep. Gomes lost the ball more times in 56 minutes than Gana did all game. Gomes didn't have a single interception or tackle the entire game. Think about that. Sigurdsson, who everyone calls a coward, had 4 tackles.

Gana goes without a very good replacement, we will stay up most likely, but we will be MUCH WORSE. He's holding this team together right now. Did we not watch the Tottenham or Man City games.

Yeah we also watched the Burnley game. Gana has a high passing rate because he passes backwards mostly. If he tries to pass forwards anything over 5 yards it usually ends up gifting possession away and it puts us in trouble.

Like the previous poster said gana is at most useful when we're playing defensive but against the other 13 teams in the leauge he offers little.

Gomes has had a bad few games, everyone has but in the midfield it's all on gomes. Sigurdsson is too far forward and gana litraly offers nothing on the ball. That's where we are loosing the midfield battle every game. All the attention is on gomes because he has to do all the work. Gana only ever dose 3 things with the ball pass to the defence, pass to gomes or give the ball away. All that time gana spends on the ball is just dead time for me. Where someone creative like sigurdsson in that position could do damage there.

Honestly I'd play the way we did against Burnley and drop gana play 3 at the back and let sigurdsson and gomes play as a deep cm's with a tight front 3. Drop Coleman and play Kenny, with the 3 at the back he'd be more protected.

One things for sure the way we're playing and the formation we're playing isn't working.

Rightio, we don't sign Gomes then and we still sell Gueye. Now we need 3 new midfielders. Give Brands 50m, he can handle it with that.

The Gana passing dross isn't a myth. And his stats are continuously backed by his ease of pain passing. Difference between creative passing, and and passing it off for someone else to deal with.
Dembele, Kante, Jorjingho, Doucoucouroure, Wijnaldum, Fernandinho, Torreira, Xaka, Ndidi, Matic, Neves, Lerma

All can pass with creativity.

Heck even Johnny flippidy Stones can do it playing CDM. Gana suits a hoofball/park bus formation.

At this moment in time i think we should recognise that NONE of our central midfielders can play the same way Silva has setup at his former clubs.

I'd actively sell Sigurdsson (£25mil), Gana (£25mil), Schneiderlin (£10mil), McCarthy (£3-5mil) and possibly Dowell (£10mil), Vlasic (£25mil) Davies (£15mil) and Baningime (£5mil) as well if Brands/Silva dont believe they suit the style to be implemented.

There must be about £120mil there and we would actually need 3 starters and 2 rotation players.

The wages saved would be enormous and that could go into the pot to pay lower wages and higher transfer fees...

Still, I think we would need more than £120mil as if we went for as close to a guaranteed player as you could get were talking £40-60mil per player.

... I think after 200m++ we now have a worse team than before we started spending--i think our lukaku, delefeou, barclay and peak form baines and colman is better than our current team . We managed to spend huge amounts and go backwards.

If and when Gana gaye goes to psg we will become a much worse team (unless we get a good replafement and I don't see news on that) - his work rate is equivalent to 2 or 3 other everton players combined and without him disrupting play we will get overwhelmed by many teams that we currently only lose to by 1 or 2 goals.

The problem has arisen because our mainstays have also become older and have needed replacing...just in the last summer window weve effectively spent close to £50mil on Digne and Mina to replace Baines and Jags.

You could say Richarlison is the Deulofeu replacement (both being wide players in a sense) but aside from those signings the money has been lashed around without a thought on progress.

If Moshiri gave Brands £150mil in the summer and we were able to offload a large amount of players then i think we would see far different results.

Yeah we also watched the Burnley game. Gana has a high passing rate because he passes backwards mostly. If he tries to pass forwards anything over 5 yards it usually ends up gifting possession away and it puts us in trouble.

Like the previous poster said gana is at most useful when we're playing defensive but against the other 13 teams in the leauge he offers little.

Gomes has had a bad few games, everyone has but in the midfield it's all on gomes. Sigurdsson is too far forward and gana litraly offers nothing on the ball. That's where we are loosing the midfield battle every game. All the attention is on gomes because he has to do all the work. Gana only ever dose 3 things with the ball pass to the defence, pass to gomes or give the ball away. All that time gana spends on the ball is just dead time for me. Where someone creative like sigurdsson in that position could do damage there.

Honestly I'd play the way we did against Burnley and drop gana play 3 at the back and let sigurdsson and gomes play as a deep cm's with a tight front 3. Drop Coleman and play Kenny, with the 3 at the back he'd be more protected.

One things for sure the way we're playing and the formation we're playing isn't working.

I think Silva will want to keep to a similar formation he has been trying to adapt us to so at least the players who stay will be used to it...short term sacrifice.

Kenny should be playing to develop over the rest of the season thats for sure.

Im amazed we havent sold Gana for anything near £30mil.

.....a depressing Sunday after another defeat, and I doubt there’s much in this morning’s Toffee transfer rumour round-up to cheer us up;

- Speaking after his teams 2-1 defeat at Southampton, Everton Manager Marco Silva said conditions are not conducive for bringing in new players and fans should not expect any incomings this month.

- The Times report Everton have started a £100m Transfer purge trying to find permanent homes for 9 senior players: Schneiderlin, Tosun, Niasse, Bolasie, Martina, Vlasic, Sandro, Ashley Williams and Mirallas. It won’t be easy, though, ThisisFutball website said Bolasie was a ‘liability’ in Aston Villa’s 2-2 draw with Hull on Saturday.

- According to The Star and other outlets, Everton are ready to bid £40m for Chelsea’s Belgian striker, Michy Batshuayi.

.....a depressing Sunday after another defeat, and I doubt there’s much in this morning’s Toffee transfer rumour round-up to cheer us up;

- Speaking after his teams 2-1 defeat at Southampton, Everton Manager Marco Silva said conditions are not conducive for bringing in new players and fans should not expect any incomings this month.

- The Times report Everton have started a £100m Transfer purge trying to find permanent homes for 9 senior players: Schneiderlin, Tosun, Niasse, Bolasie, Martina, Vlasic, Sandro, Ashley Williams and Mirallas. It won’t be easy, though, ThisisFutball website said Bolasie was a ‘liability’ in Aston Villa’s 2-2 draw with Hull on Saturday.

- According to The Star and other outlets, Everton are ready to bid £40m for Chelsea’s Belgian striker, Michy Batshuayi.

Go with what we've got then. Not too surprising. Clearer by the day that the dead wood is a massive block to progress.

Dude, you didn't watch the same game. Gana passed the ball fine and was AGAIN all over the place supporting our wide attacks, where YET AGAIN, we didn't take care of the ball. If Gana didn't play today, we'd have lost 4 or 5 to 1. The rest of the team was THAT BAD.

Look, the reason we didn't do anything today is our CFs barely touched the ball. Richarlison had 23 touches in 64 minutes.

Cenk Tosun touched the ball twice. TWICE! in 26 minutes.

Gana won the ball back 11 times via tackle and/or interception and had a 90% pass success rate. It's not his responsibility to get it into dangerous areas. He's LEAST responsible for the lack of attack today.
Gana’s passes were 10yards at most. If you can’t make that pass 9/10 times as a professional you don’t deserve the title and 4 of Southmptons most dangerous counters started because Gana was out of position or came flying out and was easily passed around. You can site stats all you want but he has no impact in the attack and isn’t a stay home def mid which Gomes desperately needs.

It’s an interesting possibility. I mean I said yesterday, regardless of who is the manager, Brands should be doing the signings. However it appears in the Summer Silva had a big say in who we went after.
It’s up to Silva to provide a list but Brands to assess which is most possible and best for value

It’s an interesting possibility. I mean I said yesterday, regardless of who is the manager, Brands should be doing the signings. However it appears in the Summer Silva had a big say in who we went after.
I dont go with the waffle about the market & conditions being right.
We need a striker ( a fulcrum if you like) We are over halfway through the season and still trying different forwards week by week when none actually work.
If you have the money , which I firmly believe we do you go and buy one.
It really is that simple like anything in life it you want something badly enough you go and pay for it. ( we want & need it badly)
Theres a whole world of strikers out there , as they say "if this iranian has got the cash"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back