Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I’m aware, when looking into how foreign DoF’s work - especially the more vocal like Monchi - it should go something like this:

- DoF decides the style of play the club should play from top to bottom
- DoF finds a coach (manager) that can utilise that style, improve players, promote youngsters etc.
- DoF compiles lists of targets to fill each position outlined in previously confirmed style of play
- DoF signs said players
- Coach (manager) trains players, picks team, tries to win match

There’s obviously going to be some input by the coach (manager) into who is signed but not a lot.

I could have it completely wrong but that’s the way it looks to work in Europe.

You’ve probably slightly underestimated Silvas input and I think previously there was been reference to a “double stamp” system for player signings. £50m on Richarlison is the case in point. Otherwise, that looks about right.

Why would it ?
He was a Walsh blunder.
Do you not have faith Brands would / could / should , bring in whats required ?
Perhaps the player/players that we require are not currently available but will be in the close season .
There is no point in buying a player who is below your requirements ,funding his wages for half a season , just to discard him next year.

No I have complet faith in him and think he is the single most important person at the club. We could lose everyone but as long as we have him I’d see a bright future. I just don’t want to make a desperate rash signing from what’s available. I do like Batshuayi and think he’d fit great but not at 40m and can’t see Iglesias being a good fit at all
I've always liked Batshuayi and feel, with time and the right manager, he'd be akin to a Drogba/Dunc hybrid. Rather have Batshuayi than batshit!

God help us if they think like this
The unhappy reality is, we need players in the shop window, can’t afford to keep writing off players on long contracts and buying new players on top of an already bloated squad. The management team need to step up and start getting a tune out of the players already at the club (Silva), and shifting some players on permanent transfers (Brands)

It’s a shame that the players on loan aren’t putting themselves in line for summer moves.

All of the players on large contracts are presently performing that poorly, they are likely to find it even more difficult to offload on loan next season.

Who in their right mind will pay monies to take Bolasie for the season? Martina, Mirallas? - I just hope they start performing and generate more interest as we need to sort out so much this summer without spending tome whoring them out.

Vlasic is the only one whose value has increased and it would be nice to actually have him comeback and add competition.

Baines & Jags: I actually see the Pistone situation crop up with Baines potentially, given how many areas of the squad their are to focus on, we could see Baines leave and then be resigned given the monies we have don’t need to depleted by buying back-up players - Only way we avoid that scenario is hoping Antonee Robinson is ready to provide suitable back-up to Digne, which I’m not sure. Jagielka needs to go, but the problem here is Zouma & him going presents the need to purchase or loan a CB that can provide competition - Hopefully Holgate comes back - or we may see one of the other youths become 4/5 choice.

The money we have in the summer, needs to go along way, the centre midfield needs not only just sorting but also adequate back up and a striker.

I can understand people wanting players right now, but I am happy for this season to just do one and we put everything into the Summer to try and solve the CB, CM and striker options.

Should the opportunity arise to sort out more happen then all good, but we need the spine of the team sorting before we can accomplish anything under any manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back