Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using 70m to buy a Striker, a CAM, a CM and RB? And then talking about residual transfer kittys???????????????????????????????????
"Marcels"GOAT

Time for the GOAT to prove it.

If Marcel can land Digne for 18m. He can land 4 or 5 players for 70m. Barrios rumored prior for about 15m.

Alacer cost 23m after addons. And is on 50k a week. Akanji cost a touch more than Digne.

Fortunately your GOAT does spend time scouting outside of the UK.

We cant continue down the current path of throwing large amounts of cash everywhere. 70m is ample.

Not really their heads are all down now , it wasnt the case throughout the season when chance upon chance was being missed.
We needed a striker then & even moreso now.

Chance after chance was being missed you are right.

None of those chances (well very few at least) where missed by a striker. (though they probably would have missed them too if given the chance to do so..) It was the very same players who are guilty of poor decision making.

Players we need to shift before this club can head in a positive direction: Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Jagielka, Stekelenberg, Browning, Davies, Gueye, Macca, Schneiderlin, Galloway, Niasse, Tarajash, Besic, Garbutt, Pennington.

List of above players who are at the club due to fault of Moshiri's appointment of Ferret Walsh: Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Stekelenberg, Pennington, Besic.

Assessment of those signings or new contracts at that time without the benefit of hindsight:
- Sandro: Fair
- Bolasie: Madness, borderline criminal negligent
- Mirallas: Eyeroll
- Tosun: LOL
- Sigurdsson: Over payment, unnecessary, not helpful, wasteful
- Stekelenberg: Obvious lack of appointment of actual decent scouts.
- Browning: LOL
- Pennington: Disbelief
- Besic: Inability to actually manage a list

I've not included the Schneiderlin signing in the above, as at the time, the vast majority were happy with the signing. And he was our best player for 6 months. Unfortunately, he woke up one morning and forgot he was a footballer.

There is enough money in those poor decisions, to buy some clubs competing in the premiership.

So if our policy is now two players out, 1 player in.
Package them as following:
Tosun/Niasse out. 20m striker in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Sigurdsson out. 20m CAM in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro out. 15m CM in.
Schnelderin/Besic out. 15m RB in. The residual in a future transfer fund kitty.
Gueye out/Macca out. Gomes in.

The rest are near impossible to move and from the above list, moving Sandro is like trying to push a Land Cruiser, in park mode, on your own.

Now I'm living in the fantasy land of Zatara as well. Not sure how he comes up with these lists, that has taken more out of me than by daily 52km cycle to work.
Need to eat some cocopops with a corona, what a terrible Sunday morning this is.

........and after all that being said. Yes, I'm talking residuals into a special fund. Because the inevitable injury, other important signing will need to occur. Give Marcel a budget and let the seasoned professional director of football fix this mess which will probably take another 3 years. Going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong 3 years, that is.

One of the flaws in your plan here is that most of the ones you mentioned do not get remotely near the team, obviously its a drain on resources etc that can be used elsewhere but its the players playing week in week out who are deemed to be good enough for us who are letting us down. Getting rid of players who are to crap to play with us still leaves us with a team who are playing crap themselves.

Not just yet but we're 100% in that middle third of the Prem with little to play for. We're bad but not quite relegation bad. Cup run might be a welcome distraction. If season did end now i would accept it, notwithstanding that lot current position.

Hopefully, looking at our remaining home fixtures though I think we can be a bit concerned at least.

We won't go down but this season is in danger of spiralling away to a poor finish. Saying don't spend now is a mistake. I think we need to trade this squad needs a striker at least and possibly freshening elsewhere, we are desperate for more central midfield options. I accept this won't happen until we've sold some more players mind you.

One of the flaws in your plan here is that most of the ones you mentioned do not get remotely near the team, obviously its a drain on resources etc that can be used elsewhere but its the players playing week in week out who are deemed to be good enough for us who are letting us down. Getting rid of players who are to crap to play with us still leaves us with a team who are playing crap themselves.
The freed up resources would help bring new players in.

In the current first time a strong argument could be made for any of Gueye, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Keane and even Pickford. That is if we're selling Pickford for bank loot to hit the yabbar with some slice

The freed up resources would help bring new players in.

In the current first time a strong argument could be made for any of Gueye, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Keane and even Pickford. That is if we're selling Pickford for bank loot to hit the yabbar with some slice

I have no idea what hitting the yabbar with some slice means but sadly we cant just replace everybody (I see no argument for replacing Gueye but that has been discussed elsewhere).

I think a problem we have is that on paper our team generally looks decent and people dont want to get rid of decent players but football aint played on paper so we sit and wait for it all to start gelling together...

I have no idea what hitting the yabbar with some slice means but sadly we cant just replace everybody (I see no argument for replacing Gueye but that has been discussed elsewhere).

I think a problem we have is that on paper our team generally looks decent and people dont want to get rid of decent players but football aint played on paper so we sit and wait for it all to start gelling together...

The argument for letting Gueye go, has circled throughout this forum. He is a great athlete, can intercept and tackle but offers nothing going forward. His value will never be higher. The money can be better invested. We're currently a mid table club who can't pass the ball past the halfway line.
&
Whereas yabbar = transfer windows
slice = ability to actually doing something constructive

The argument for letting Gueye go, has circled throughout this forum. He is a great athlete, can intercept and tackle but offers nothing going forward. His value will never be higher. The money can be better invested. We're currently a mid table club who can't pass the ball past the halfway line.
&

He does offer something going forward though, that's where the argument falls down for me. Not that he should have to offer something going forward with a ridiculous amount of costly talent ahead of him though...For me he is the least of our problems and we have nothing else there.

&

What on earth is (a?) Yabbar??

Genuinely never heard the term in my life

He does offer something going forward though, that's where the argument falls down for me. Not that he should have to offer something going forward with a ridiculous amount of costly talent ahead of him though...For me he is the least of our problems and we have nothing else there.

His passing, close ball control and ability to create is atrocious.

For the club to improve, the midfield needs renewed. And Gomes needs signed. We haven't been able to calmly control the middle of the park since Barry/Barkley.

In a 433, your no.6 must have better ball control than Gueye presents with. Okay, sure - he has value against sky6 sides where we need to sit deeper and hunt. But to open up the remaining clubs, his pod should be plodded under the colorbond, either that or sent to a club which sits deep, period.

His passing, close ball control and ability to create is atrocious.

For the club to improve, the midfield needs renewed. And Gomes needs signed. We haven't been able to calmly control the middle of the park since Barry/Barkley.

In a 433, your no.6 must have better ball control than Gueye presents with. Okay, sure - he has value against sky6 sides where we need to sit deeper and hunt. But to open up the remaining clubs, his pod should be plodded under the colorbond, either that or sent to a club which sits deep, period.

My favorite myth. He's about the only one who DOES take care of the ball. This team leads the league in bad touches and being dispossed. Gana is one of the best on the team at it.

Imagine watching that game today, where Gana may 9 tackles, 2 interceptions, had the highest pass rate on the team, and thinking GOMES was the player we need to keep. Gomes lost the ball more times in 56 minutes than Gana did all game. Gomes didn't have a single interception or tackle the entire game. Think about that. Sigurdsson, who everyone calls a coward, had 4 tackles.

Gana goes without a very good replacement, we will stay up most likely, but we will be MUCH WORSE. He's holding this team together right now. Did we not watch the Tottenham or Man City games.

....I just said he has value against Spurs & City. Gana was pathetic tonight. Gomes has a piss poor game also. His passing just does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back