Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Dutch player who played for Chelsea for 2/3 years and didn't play a game. They couldn't flog him due to his wages and he wouldn't leave as he said why should he. He used to basically turn up for training and then get off.

Can't remember his name though

Some players I guess just aren't arsed and prioritise making money to set them and their family up for life.
He used to fly in from Holland every morning and fly back after training

Glory hole? As in when people mine for gold and find the “ glory hole” as massive untapped gold resource? I’m dont know what I have said to suggest I am rich but I can assure you I am not , nor do I work in the mining and resources industry
I was thinking more of the hole in the bog partition wall, where you stick your Rodger through and it’s random whether you get something nice or nasty! ;)

I disagree with those figures complete, Solanke will be on double that at least. He walked out on Chelsea who offered him a new deal (they've just offered Hudson Smith £85k per week to stay who is regarded very highly as Solanke was at that time) as Liverpool offered him more and then he's just left them and signed for Bournmouth for £19 million so no way did he take a reduction.

However even if we use your figure of £30,000 per week, Sandro cost half what Solanke does:

Solanke: £30k per week for 3 years + a £19 million transfer fee = £23,680,000.
Sandro: £80k per week for 3 years + 0 transfer fee = £12,480,00

Sandro has actually done something in his career and once scored 20 league goals in one of the top 2 leagues in world football.

Solanke has done absolutely nothing, ever.

Sandro has never scored 20 league goals in a season

I knew it wasn't quite 20 but thought it was close.

I didn't realise it was only 14 he scored, I did think it was more than that although those 14 goals were achieved from only 28 games.

Yep, those 14 got him his move here, he has so far shown that was a fluke but his confidence is probably utterly shot to bits, not sure how long it will take him to recover from his spell here and wherever he's shipped out too. Picking up a fat wedge because of those goals as well, pity he's lost his shooting boots

I don't get the whole Sandro thing. This is a Barcelona lad who, completely rationally, realized he wouldn't be getting regular game time there. So he moves on TO get game time, scores a bunch of goals. He gets a move to England, paid ludicrous amounts of money, and can't do ANYTHING right.

Barcelona have a standard. Barcelona have basics ingrained to players. They do certain things "right" in terms of vision and ball control.

Sandro has NONE of that.

It's just so peculiar.

Barca really did not have any La masia succes since Messi, pique, fabregas, busqets, pedro generation.. They mostly failed misarebly

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back