Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Bogarde, it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea: he was astounded at the salary the club had agreed on, as his value depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action, and decided to stay and honour his contract to the letter and appear for training every day, despite being only rarely selected to play.[15] Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract".

I was just looking at chelsea squads and appearences from the early abramovic years and sort of similar to us. They spent some money on absolute garbage they couldnt shift for years who barely kicked a ball.
Jiri Jarosik -5m
Geremi -12m
Alexy Smertin -5m
Mateja Kezman - 8m
Scott Parker -10m
Juan Veron -15m

Difference being chelsea had a bigger pot to play with at the time, had less 'monied' competition, no FFP & had a better starting base than we had.

But the point on having money and spending it well remains the same. Hopefully the past couple of seasons was an extreme lesson for moshiri & how he uses his money. I am 100% behind this more careful, book balancing model.

I was just looking at chelsea squads and appearences from the early abramovic years and sort of similar to us. They spent some money on absolute garbage they couldnt shift for years who barely kicked a ball.
Jiri Jarosik -5m
Geremi -12m
Alexy Smertin -5m
Mateja Kezman - 8m
Scott Parker -10m
Juan Veron -15m

Difference being chelsea had a bigger pot to play with at the time, had less 'monied' competition, no FFP & had a better starting base than we had.

But the point on having money and spending it well remains the same. Hopefully the past couple of seasons was an extreme lesson for moshiri & how he uses his money. I am 100% behind this more careful, book balancing model.

....you can say the same about Man City, the Reds and Man Utd. Lots of top teams spent millions and millions before getting it right. It’s lots to do with appointing the right Manager/DoF.

Jiri Jarosik -5m
Geremi -12m
Alexy Smertin -5m
Mateja Kezman - 8m
Scott Parker -10m
Juan Veron -15m

That’s hardly the correct way to compare. More accurate comparison is 70% of their signing turns out to be good player while 70% of our signing gash.

Not sure why everyone's so outraged by the Solanke fee, I think he might surprise a few people to be honest. In the summer everyone was using Ings as the prime example of wasted money, but 8 goals in 16 games later it looks like it wasn't a bad deal after all, certainly better than the last couple of strikers we've bought.

Might not be a bad fee mate but could you imagine if we spent £19m on a striker with 1 PL goal. Bare in mind the stick DCL gets who is the same age...

I think (in our case) the transfer glory hole is perhaps more apt?

Glory hole? As in when people mine for gold and find the “ glory hole” as massive untapped gold resource? I’m dont know what I have said to suggest I am rich but I can assure you I am not , nor do I work in the mining and resources industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back