Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I admit to not being bright enough to understand this, but I believe the bottom line that we will lose lots on these.
The transfer fee is split across the length of the contract like a loan.

If we paid £208k transfer fee for a player on a four year deal we would charge the accounts £1k per week. As 208 weeks in 4 years albeit it’s more Likely posted monthly not weekly. This is completely separate to wages.

You don’t expense the fee straight away the actual fee payment is a cash flow issue and doesn’t hit the accounts in one lump sum.

The fee I.e player is an asset we post the cost to the balance sheet and write it off over the contract Length.

The transfer fee is split across the length of the contract like a loan.

If we paid £208k transfer fee for a player on a four year deal we would charge the accounts £1k per week. As 208 weeks in 4 years albeit it’s more Likely posted monthly not weekly. This is completely separate to wages.

You don’t expense the fee straight away the actual fee payment is a cash flow issue and doesn’t hit the accounts in one lump sum.

The fee I.e player is an asset we post the cost to the balance sheet and write it off over the contract Length.

....I suppose Sandro is different because his transfer fee was negligible, so our major liability is (reported) £120k per week. The transfer fee split across the length of his contract wouldn’t make a big difference to that.

aubameyang must be one of the hardest working forwards who also has ability..

we are in desperate need for someone of his ilk , in 3 years when we can afford them obviously

....I suppose Sandro is different because his transfer fee was negligible, so our major liability is (reported) £120k per week. The transfer fee split across the length of his contract wouldn’t make a big difference to that.
Yes exactly. Schneiderlin is a worry as the longer it goes on surely the less clubs will want him & a such be willing to pay both us & him.

Personally if it takes £5 million to pay him off I’d do it. Sell for £12 million and hopefully some would pay him £70k & he take our pay off.

I think We actually owe him 104 weeks at £120k that £12.48 million. £70k a week means a £50k drop so we pay him the difference of £5 million just to go.

Sandro similar only hope is we could increase on the ££5 million fee which seems unlikely given his form if you can call such a long bad spell form.

We really have been poorly ran

...in respect of players out, I think Sandro will be the biggest challenge. Folk seem to forget about him, but he must be amongst the highest earners at the club and is on a lengthy contract. His agent did an amazing job. Walsh didn’t.
I cannot believe how terrible he turned out to be. But yes that is an obscene wage and we are saddled with it.

Yes exactly. Schneiderlin is a worry as the longer it goes on surely the less clubs will want him & a such be willing to pay both us & him.

Personally if it takes £5 million to pay him off I’d do it. Sell for £12 million and hopefully some would pay him £70k & he take our pay off.

I think We actually owe him 104 weeks at £120k that £12.48 million. £70k a week means a £50k drop so we pay him the difference of £5 million just to go.

Sandro similar only hope is we could increase on the ££5 million fee which seems unlikely given his form if you can call such a long bad spell form.

We really have been poorly ran
Schneiderlin being excluded almost completely from the first team may be an attempt to encourage him to leave without bleeding the club for every last penny.
He can stay at Everton , earn a lot of money but not play whereas a move away will allow him to play every week and footballers want to play every week.
When he does leave he will get some form of pay off from Everton either as a golden handshake or a reduced transfer fee to allow him to negotiate a good contract at his new club.
I can't help but feel he will be playing in France at the end of next week.

Schneiderlin being excluded almost completely from the first team may be an attempt to encourage him to leave without bleeding the club for every last penny.
He can stay at Everton , earn a lot of money but not play whereas a move away will allow him to play every week and footballers want to play every week.
When he does leave he will get some form of pay off from Everton either as a golden handshake or a reduced transfer fee to allow him to negotiate a good contract at his new club.
Not all footballers. He's being gifted millions a year in return for absolutely NO work whatsoever. He has every right (contract) to continue taking that money until his time at Everton is up. The longer he isn't in the manager's plans, the less that'll be expected from him in terms of training with the squad. Even if somebody else shows an interest, very likely they won't be prepared to pay him anywhere near what we do, and the more likely he'll reject their advances to stay on his fat deal with us.

There was a Dutch player who played for Chelsea for 2/3 years and didn't play a game. They couldn't flog him due to his wages and he wouldn't leave as he said why should he. He used to basically turn up for training and then get off.

Can't remember his name though

Some players I guess just aren't arsed and prioritise making money to set them and their family up for life.

I hope I’m sure his wife is pregnant first child & is french.

The other point is he has 2 years left with us he may be able to get a 4 year deal on less wages but increase security via the additional 2 years so be willing to negotiate a lower pay off.

I’d guess we will have to loan first with the hope he plays well then secures the move.

Not all footballers. He's being gifted millions a year in return for absolutely NO work whatsoever. He has every right (contract) to continue taking that money until his time at Everton is up. The longer he isn't in the manager's plans, the less that'll be expected from him in terms of training with the squad. Even if somebody else shows an interest, very likely they won't be prepared to pay him anywhere near what we do, and the more likely he'll reject their advances to stay on his fat deal with us.
I really hope you are wrong.

...in respect of players out, I think Sandro will be the biggest challenge. Folk seem to forget about him, but he must be amongst the highest earners at the club and is on a lengthy contract. His agent did an amazing job. Walsh didn’t.
He's still young though? Turns 24 this summer? If push comes to shove, let him rot until he's willing to take less money elsewhere. Or, best option, find him a good fit and move him on. I thought he would do something here, but what a waste for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back