Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still young though? Turns 24 this summer? If push comes to shove, let him rot until he's willing to take less money elsewhere. Or, best option, find him a good fit and move him on. I thought he would do something here, but what a waste for both sides.
I'm thinking private planes..
Cardiff..

Similar to Schneiderlin.

Albeit we only paid 5 million 4year deal Means he owes us very little in the books.

We owe him & Schneiderlin around £15.milliom each in wages till the end of there contracts & Schneiderlin probably owes & £11/12 million in the books.

We have taken a massive bath on them both but haven’t taken the pain yet.

I'm no accountant but I don't think book value means very much here. As the prophets have said:

Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
C.R.E.A.M.
Get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y'all…

There was a Dutch player who played for Chelsea for 2/3 years and didn't play a game. They couldn't flog him due to his wages and he wouldn't leave as he said why should he. He used to basically turn up for training and then get off.

Can't remember his name though

Some players I guess just aren't arsed and prioritise making money to set them and their family up for life.

Winston Bogarde mate. The Dutch Jack Rodwell.

Edited to add I believe he lived in the Netherlands throughout the terms of his contract and just flew in each day. Some boy...

Winston Bogarde mate. The Dutch Jack Rodwell.

Edited to add I believe he lived in the Netherlands throughout the terms of his contract and just flew in each day. Some boy...

According to Bogarde, it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea: he was astounded at the salary the club had agreed on, as his value depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action, and decided to stay and honour his contract to the letter and appear for training every day, despite being only rarely selected to play.[15] Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract".

.....it’s FA Cup 4th round match day, good luck Blues. Not much in the way of Toffee transfer rumours this Saturday morning;

- Speaking at his Press Conference regarding Idrissa Gueye, Marco Silva said: “we don’t have an offer. Not one club made an offer for Gana. His focus is on our club”.

- The Liverpool Echo confirm Everton have turned down a loan request for striker Cenk Tosun from Crystal Palace. TalkSport have unearthed a Tosun quote from 2017 when Palace made an enquiry to Besiktas for the forward; “About my transfer to Palace, I can say I’m very happy the move failed”.

- Everton boss Marco Silva has told Sky Sports that Yannick Bolasie might go on loan again this month. The Guardian report Crystal Palace interest in the winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back