Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at chelsea squads and appearences from the early abramovic years and sort of similar to us. They spent some money on absolute garbage they couldnt shift for years who barely kicked a ball.
Jiri Jarosik -5m
Geremi -12m
Alexy Smertin -5m
Mateja Kezman - 8m
Scott Parker -10m
Juan Veron -15m

Difference being chelsea had a bigger pot to play with at the time, had less 'monied' competition, no FFP & had a better starting base than we had.

But the point on having money and spending it well remains the same. Hopefully the past couple of seasons was an extreme lesson for moshiri & how he uses his money. I am 100% behind this more careful, book balancing model.

Chelsea also had about another 100 players they were getting loan fees from and eventual transfer fees from

Might not be a bad fee mate but could you imagine if we spent £19m on a striker with 1 PL goal. Bare in mind the stick DCL gets who is the same age...
Well we paid £45m for one with 7 to be fair. And £11m for Lookman from league one, and £7m for a player from a Belgian team 95% had never heard of who we knew couldn’t play for us for at least a year. The markets mad, we just need to accept that. Better paying over the odds for potential on lower wages than for players at the peak who drain you. It’s literally what moshiri was talking about at the agm.

Sandro is mid table championship at best. we are paying him crazy wages. We’ll never be able to sell him for a fee
Sandro's probably on about 80k a week, Solanke maybe 20 or 30?

I disagree with those figures complete, Solanke will be on double that at least. He walked out on Chelsea who offered him a new deal (they've just offered Hudson Smith £85k per week to stay who is regarded very highly as Solanke was at that time) as Liverpool offered him more and then he's just left them and signed for Bournmouth for £19 million so no way did he take a reduction.

However even if we use your figure of £30,000 per week, Sandro cost half what Solanke does:

Solanke: £30k per week for 3 years + a £19 million transfer fee = £23,680,000.
Sandro: £80k per week for 3 years + 0 transfer fee = £12,480,00

Sandro has actually done something in his career and once scored 20 league goals in one of the top 2 leagues in world football.

Solanke has done absolutely nothing, ever.

I disagree with those figures complete, Solanke will be on double that at least. He walked out on Chelsea who offered him a new deal (they've just offered Hudson Smith £85k per week to stay who is regarded very highly as Solanke was at that time) as Liverpool offered him more and then he's just left them and signed for Bournmouth for £19 million so no way did he take a reduction.

However even if we use your figure of £30,000 per week, Sandro cost half what Solanke does:

Solanke: £30k per week for 3 years + a £19 million transfer fee = £23,680,000.
Sandro: £80k per week for 3 years + 0 transfer fee = £12,480,00

Sandro has actually done something in his career and once scored 20 league goals in one of the top 2 leagues in world football.

Solanke has done absolutely nothing, ever.
We’re veering wildly off topic but in my opinion, the solanke deal will look nowhere near as bad as the Sandro deal.

Anyways. Hope we get actual money for Tosun, Bolasie and Schneiderlin. Need rid permanently.

Schneiderlin being excluded almost completely from the first team may be an attempt to encourage him to leave without bleeding the club for every last penny.
He can stay at Everton , earn a lot of money but not play whereas a move away will allow him to play every week and footballers want to play every week.
When he does leave he will get some form of pay off from Everton either as a golden handshake or a reduced transfer fee to allow him to negotiate a good contract at his new club.
I can't help but feel he will be playing in France at the end of next week.
Everton is a classic case where salary deals agreed with new players should have some form of performance linked pay, with reductions if they don't actually make the first team on a weekly basis. This is how it used to be pre-1992 but nowadays the entire agenda is driven by Agents, who benefit again from any outward move by players. This is in effect our only hope to shift a lot of the deadwood.

There was a Dutch player who played for Chelsea for 2/3 years and didn't play a game. They couldn't flog him due to his wages and he wouldn't leave as he said why should he. He used to basically turn up for training and then get off.

Can't remember his name though

Some players I guess just aren't arsed and prioritise making money to set them and their family up for life.
Jaak van der Rodwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back