Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't bring myself to care right now. Sell one, sell them all. I'm nea. I can't even manage to be angry with them. The quicker this window closes the better, and the season along with it. Utter shysters. If Gueye goes, he goes. Wouldn't be my first choice out of the door, but I'd have no problem with him going either. Hopefully someone lined up to replace that has a bit of fire in their belly, but I really wouldn't bank on that either.

I just can't bring myself to care right now. Sell one, sell them all. I'm nea. I can't even manage to be angry with them. The quicker this window closes the better, and the season along with it. Utter shysters. If Gueye goes, he goes. Wouldn't be my first choice out of the door, but I'd have no problem with him going either. Hopefully someone lined up to replace that has a bit of fire in their belly, but I really wouldn't bank on that either.

If Gueye is sold we will have to change the way we play as there is no one else that can win the ball back, chase the opposing team down like he does

I can only see Jimmy Mac in the same mould, who is made of balsa wood. Besic isn’t tearing it up in the championship, Morgan is spent, Tom needs a loan deal out which leaves Beni, who has started to train with the first team again.

This to me is a big call for Silva to make, we are struggling, this could be dire?

Take £25mil for Gana and try and move out more players.

I cant believe noone has come in for Schneiderlin or Walcott

Schneiderlin is on 120k a week, hard to move on.

Happy to keep Walcott around. Suspect hell be trialed up front soon. Had a bad run of form, but he is a seasoned professional.

.....just 3 more of these summaries means the January transfer window is drawing to a close. A little bit more Toffee transfer gossip in the press this Monday morning;

- Sky Sports, The Daily Mail and other outlets report PSG have made an opening offer of £21.5m for midfielder Idrissa Gueye but Everton are likely to reject it. It is understood the 29 year old is keen on the move.

- According to Tellefort, PSG have proposed an exchange deal, swapping 27 year old Belgian right back Thomas Meunier for Gueye.

- TeamTalk website suggest Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie, has told Marco Silva he wants to move to a Premier League club this month. The Express say Newcastle Manager, Rafael Benitez, wants Bolasie.

- TeamTalk also link Everton and Newcastle with Guingamp striker, Marcus Thuram. The 21 year old has scored 7 goals in 18 games this season.

- Le10 Sport continue to report Everton interest in Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Labotka, who could be available for £26m despite having a £45m release clause in his contract.

- The Star suggest Everton are willing to lose £7m on striker Cenk Tosun and have made him available for £20m.

Last edited:

.....just 3 more of these summaries means the January transfer window is drawing to a close. A little bit more Toffee transfer gossip in the press this Monday morning;

- Sky Sports, The Daily Mail and other outlets report PSG have made an opening offer of £21.5m for midfielder Idrissa Gueye but Everton are likely to reject it. It is understood the 29 year old is keen on the move.

- According to Tellefort, PSG have proposed an exchange deal, swapping 27 year old Belgian right back Thomas Meunier for Gueye.

- TeamTalk website suggest Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie, has told Marco Silva he wants to move to a Premier League club this month. The Express say Newcastle Manager, Rafael Benitez, wants Bolasie.

- TeamTalk also link Everton and Newcastle with Guingamp striker, Marcus Thuram. The 21 year old has scored 7 goals in 18 games this season.

- Le10 Sport continue to report Everton interest in Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Labotka, who could be available for £26m despite having a £45m release clause in his contract.

- The Star suggest Everton are willing to lose £7m on striker Cenk Tosun and have made him available for £20m.

Teamtalk are absolute gimps Newcastle already have 2 premier league players on loan to them and therefore cannot loan anymore

Ashley has already stated no money for Rafael

Been saying this, we’ve wasted a window here possibly.

Have to be signing players before it even opens....

We've only wasted this window from a selling perspective. There's absolutely no way we should be shelling out January premiums on panic buys. We have about 15 too many players as it is. Signing more players is the sort of thing only Steve Walsh would do.

Been saying this, we’ve wasted a window here possibly.

Have to be signing players before it even opens....
We haven’t wasted a window, the purpose of this window was to shift a lot of the dead wood out as we cannot keep buying players - it’s unsustainable for the club and will get us into a bigger mess. It is not the fault of Brands if no one is interested in our players or if other clubs won’t table sensible offers but instead just loan deals. Would you be happy to get rid of Schneiderlin for £2m just because it was offered? Would you advocate buying another CM even though we cannot shift the ones we have sat in the stands - adding more wages to the current bill? In my mind it’s a very difficult balancing act for Brands to help achieve a sustainable club but to ensure we get value when selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back