Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ismaïla Sarr. Date of Birth (Age): Feb 25, 1998 (20). Place of Birth: Senegal Saint-Louis. Nationality: Senegal. Height: 1,85 m. Position: Left Winger. Contract ...

If we sign another left winger I am going to assume that Marcel Brands is just Steve Walsh after a hair transplant.
He can play both CF and RW.

As with 90% of the players in our squad when the going gets tough. Say what you want about Barkley (and I do, the horrible snake) but at least he wasn't afraid to take the ball when needed. Stones and Barry were the same.
Take the ball and do what with it? Barkley doesn’t run with it, he just sits on it, hangs on to it, moves it backwards or sideways, almost never moves forward into space even right in front of him. He doesn’t tackle anyone, either. He’d make us MUCH worse.

Take the ball and do what with it? Barkley doesn’t run with it, he just sits on it, hangs on to it, moves it backwards or sideways, almost never moves forward into space even right in front of him. He doesn’t tackle anyone, either. He’d make us MUCH worse.
He'd be better than Sigurdsson in the "10" position, but I think if we had the serpent we'd be playing the flat 3 with Gomes and Gana as he's more suited to a box to box role imo.

I think most of us know the positions we need to strengthen and I have seen so many suggestions on here about who we should be targeting.

However, before people make further suggestions between now and Thursday they should remember that we are in the market for players that will not cost any money and preferably play for no wages either.

He'd be better than Sigurdsson in the "10" position, but I think if we had the serpent we'd be playing the flat 3 with Gomes and Gana as he's more suited to a box to box role imo.
He’s not a 10 and would never play there. He wants to sit back and pass it around like a 6. He’d make us sooo much worse. He doesn’t run with the ball anymore. Just watch Chelsea play and you’ll want to throw up. So much talent and it’s completely wasted. Zero initiative. He used to be class - taking players on, shooting with both feet from all over the pitch.

I know everyone keeps saying this and i'm in a minority of one, but personally I think a left footed wide player is something we're seriously lacking. It would give us much better balance if we had the option of somebody getting wide and putting crosses in if needed, instead of constantly trying to come infield like we have currently.

He’s massively right-footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back