Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd offer Fulham Keane for a knock down price we got him for, then bring in Gary Cahill. Even though in his 30's, much better, more of a leader, and could stabilise our defence for 2 seasons before we find adequate replacements to bed in.

I see all this talk of new strikers but is no one going to point out the glaringly obvious faults in our midfield? We struggle to circulate the ball, keep possession and create chances at all never mind score them, and besides we can excuse having average finishers if we can create quality chances (obvs the strikers have a part to play in that too but we don't even show any signs of creating anything through the middle to even see that there's no movement up top). We create chances at the big sides as we are actually a good pressing team and have more space for attacking transitions once we win the ball back, but struggle badly when we have to play against more defensive sides as either Silva won't adjust tactically, Sigurdsson shies away from the ball and doesn't do anything making us effectively play with 10 men and unable to build from the back, or most likely both.

The only player with any semblance of press resistance at all in that midfield is Gomes, and if he struggles then we struggle - Sigurdsson and Gueye in the same midfield simply does not work unless the third midfielder is superhuman or something. One or both of them need to be replaced, but the system needs to be changed as well. I'd sign 2 new midfielders before a CF.

View attachment 53524

Our average positions from Saturday. How on earth are you supposed to play a possession based style of football with a shape and system like that? Once we lost the ball Millwall went direct and we were left exposed 2v3 in the scrap for the second ball, and they drew those set plays time and time again from that.

Yes!! Especially the bold/underlined...

I see all this talk of new strikers but is no one going to point out the glaringly obvious faults in our midfield? We struggle to circulate the ball, keep possession and create chances at all never mind score them, and besides we can excuse having average finishers if we can create quality chances (obvs the strikers have a part to play in that too but we don't even show any signs of creating anything through the middle to even see that there's no movement up top). We create chances at the big sides as we are actually a good pressing team and have more space for attacking transitions once we win the ball back, but struggle badly when we have to play against more defensive sides as either Silva won't adjust tactically, Sigurdsson shies away from the ball and doesn't do anything making us effectively play with 10 men and unable to build from the back, or most likely both.

The only player with any semblance of press resistance at all in that midfield is Gomes, and if he struggles then we struggle - Sigurdsson and Gueye in the same midfield simply does not work unless the third midfielder is superhuman or something. One or both of them need to be replaced, but the system needs to be changed as well. I'd sign 2 new midfielders before a CF.

View attachment 53524

Our average positions from Saturday. How on earth are you supposed to play a possession based style of football with a shape and system like that? Once we lost the ball Millwall went direct and we were left exposed 2v3 in the scrap for the second ball, and they drew those set plays time and time again from that.

I honestly thought there for a second that Pickford was DCL, christ, no wonder we concede a shedload, 2-6-2

TBF with the exception of Digne I'd sell any of the present squad if we could get decent money for them as Edwin Collins said "Rip it up and start again "
TBF with the exception of Digne I'd sell any of the present squad if we could get decent money for them as Edwin Collins said "Rip it up and start again "

I posted this earlier

Selll
Play McCarthy till the summmer to prove his fitness then sell him
Sell everyone in the summer bar
Pickford ( unless someone offers 60 m then sell , which they won’t offer )
Coleman as back up
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Baines 1 yr as back up
Ricarlison
Siggy as back up because no one will pay enough
Bernard
Lookman unless we get 30 m off Leipzig
Vlasic ( unless someone offers 25m)
Henry ( see above )
DCL
Virginia
Sell the rest , under 23s and all and let Brands hit the reset button and totally reshape the squad
A bit Zatlike I know but I’m sick of watching this crowd of spineless unimaginative dross playing football for Everton
I’d only sign Gomes if he improves over the rest of the season

I’d only keep
Digne , Mina , Ricarlison as starters
The rest I mentioned as squad players and sell, loan , bury the rest of them
There’s a cancer in the club and it needs to be cut away
If we cut a few lumps of healthy flesh around it and discard them as well so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back