Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to keep some perspective. The players we have are not bad players... but many of them are playing badly at the moment. I think the team is low on confidence and we certainly have a team that is shy of natural leaders.

The solution is to find the right players we need to fill the obvious gaps and I think we will see performances improve all round. Unfortunately, because it is difficult to get to sign the players you would like in the January market allied to our need to get players off the books before we bring others in we will have to accept that change will be slower than we would like.

I think our team has gone stale in recent weeks and would like to see other players given a chance. For instance I think Baines should have been given a game last Saturday and maybe Kenny as well and McCarthy at the very least should have been on the bench.

Whilst on the face of it losing Idrissa Gueye might be daunting as he has been a consistent performer for a few years I don`t think you can pass up £25-£30m for a player who is nearly 30, from a business point of view.

It might not also be so bad on the playing side blooding players like Beni. Gueye was outstanding when we didnt have the ball but he turned over possession far too easily with simple 10 yard balls which meant we spent a lot more time without it. Imagine having 3 central midfielders who keep the ball better!

We havent got much else to play for so lets see some young hungry players from the youth set up have a go, the ones we`ve been plodding out all season havent proved they are worthy of the shirt.

Whilst on the face of it losing Idrissa Gueye might be daunting as he has been a consistent performer for a few years I don`t think you can pass up £25-£30m for a player who is nearly 30, from a business point of view.

It might not also be so bad on the playing side blooding players like Beni. Gueye was outstanding when we didnt have the ball but he turned over possession far too easily with simple 10 yard balls which meant we spent a lot more time without it. Imagine having 3 central midfielders who keep the ball better!

We havent got much else to play for so lets see some young hungry players from the youth set up have a go, the ones we`ve been plodding out all season havent proved they are worthy of the shirt.

Conceptually I agree, but if we get our act together just a LITTLE BIT, we could get 7th and likely Europe. No chance without Gana. We've got NO ONE behind him.

I would love to see someone come in and not only make the position their own, but be the player that fans idolise. We deserve a hero, just a shame we will have to wait for the summer at least (you would hope that a striker is a big priority) to get one.
Nothing since your source left us for a better place.

RIP Finners source x

My deepest condolences. x

He’s not a 10 and would never play there. He wants to sit back and pass it around like a 6. He’d make us sooo much worse. He doesn’t run with the ball anymore. Just watch Chelsea play and you’ll want to throw up. So much talent and it’s completely wasted. Zero initiative. He used to be class - taking players on, shooting with both feet from all over the pitch.

I think at Chelsea he plays to order, same as Kovacic, get the ball and just look for Hazard, don’t try anything yourself. Earlier this season he was more attacking, the manager has definitely told him to keep it simple.

He’s not a 10 and would never play there. He wants to sit back and pass it around like a 6. He’d make us sooo much worse. He doesn’t run with the ball anymore. Just watch Chelsea play and you’ll want to throw up. So much talent and it’s completely wasted. Zero initiative. He used to be class - taking players on, shooting with both feet from all over the pitch.
To be fair a 10 doesn’t fit us anymore. We need a deep lying playmaker with 2 players willing to get up and down the feel in front of them

I think we need to keep some perspective. The players we have are not bad players... but many of them are playing badly at the moment. I think the team is low on confidence and we certainly have a team that is shy of natural leaders.

The solution is to find the right players we need to fill the obvious gaps and I think we will see performances improve all round. Unfortunately, because it is difficult to get to sign the players you would like in the January market allied to our need to get players off the books before we bring others in we will have to accept that change will be slower than we would like.

I think our team has gone stale in recent weeks and would like to see other players given a chance. For instance I think Baines should have been given a game last Saturday and maybe Kenny as well and McCarthy at the very least should have been on the bench.
Agree but Silva doesn't seem willing to change anything though.

Can’t believe we are being linked with another winger a french player called Sarr. Just what we need another winger we already have about 6 including players on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back