Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people argued last summer that we should have bought him. :coffee:
No, you did. The reasons for not signing him outweigh the reasons for signing him mate. Example being, you always say about Baines and Jags and their unhealthy influence within the dressing room (i actually agree with this from what i have heard myself over the years) well Mitrovic has had issues in pretty much every dressing room he has been a part of, he is the last type of person we need at the moment. There are varoius other reasons but i can see why you like him as a player although i think he would be the wrong signing

Last edited:

Not a fan of Meunier from PSG to be honest. Think he’s a very limited footballer. A defensive full back that can have a decent career on the continent but doesn’t have the tools for attacking full back play that we seem to require. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Mitrovic is a massive yard dog
You have an Andy Gray illustration as your avatar. I presume therefore that having the fight of a yard dog and the ability to play is therefore something you admire?

I have no thoughts on Mitrovic either way, as he ain't coming and isn't as far as I can see even on the radar.

that piatek scored 2 goals for Milan on debut against Napoli, second was a beast aswell

think he should have been a gamble to take, good age and not a ridiculous fee he went for

that piatek scored 2 goals for Milan on debut against Napoli, second was a beast aswell

think he should have been a gamble to take, good age and not a ridiculous fee he went for
He would never have come here if the likes of AC Milan were sniffing around. But yeah, otherwise great shout.

The fee would have been ridiculous for an English team. Continental transfers always seem to go for lower fees but you can bet that we would have been quoted double what Milan probably paid.

Not some,one
Flash in the pan last night
He’s not good enough for where we want to be
To be fair neither are most of our squad

This over used phrase 'he's not good enough for were we want to be'. The fact is about half a dozen of our squad are good enough at present...I doubt whether Mosh is prepared to spend 4-500 million at one go to bring us up to City/Cjhesea?Manyoo level even if he could. Steady progress is the name of the game and the pertinent phrase should be 'better than what we have'

He would never have come here if the likes of AC Milan were sniffing around. But yeah, otherwise great shout.

Milan only got involved when higuain was off to Chelsea. should have went in early jan and bid for him

The fee would have been ridiculous for an English team. Continental transfers always seem to go for lower fees but you can bet that we would have been quoted double what Milan probably paid.

nar mate not having that, if there willing to accept 30 mill from Milan there not gonna reject the same elsewhere, only at Genoa or someone teams like that need the money to re-invest he was deffo gettable given he'd only just signed for a couple of mill

all ifs and buts like but said in the summer we'd need to gamble on a young striker and hope it pays off, he would have been a boss shout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back