Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of Meunier from PSG to be honest. Think he’s a very limited footballer. A defensive full back that can have a decent career on the continent but doesn’t have the tools for attacking full back play that we seem to require. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Not watched him at all but 4 goals and 5 assists in 21 appearances in all comps are decent attacking numbers for a full back.

Main problem is surely we are a big step down from PSG? Although they do have Dani Alves and a young kid Kehrer that can play there though.

We'd have to offer massive wedge.

For that reason it's not happening in January.

At this stage I would like to see us going for a couple of very big but mobile players in the centre.

I think Vieira (6'4) and Petit (6'2) were an ideal combo of box to box players and we should be looking for something similar in stature and also in power. Of course they must be strong all round players with technique who could really dominate opposition midfields.

If were looking for players for lowish wages and fees then why not Sander Berge (6'4) and Ibrahim Sangare (6'3). Lots of power and hard running there, both can play too.

Keep Sigurdsson in till the end of the season ahead of them then offload him and slot a deep lying playmaker (allowed to roam) in there too.

For me thats what id like to see so we arent physically dominated like we have been all season.

Why do you think nobody has looked more at Berge mate?

If Munier actually comes in I'd be quite impressed. Covering a key position at right back with a good quality player.

Obviously our midfield is weaker but if some of the scraps can fill in, they might even be able to get a couple of suitors by the end of the season.

Fee/contract/flights for Gueye's replacement will all be sorted I reckon, just waiting to see if the deal goes through

If Munier actually comes in I'd be quite impressed. Covering a key position at right back with a good quality player.

Obviously our midfield is weaker but if some of the scraps can fill in, they might even be able to get a couple of suitors by the end of the season.

There's absolutely no chance at all we are getting Meunier. I doubt we're even in for him.

Among the top 5 right-backs in world football at the moment.

Man city after Gana? :D:D:D They have Fernandinho twice the player Gana is.

It actually isn't that crazy a story though. There is not a player in Man City that is more relied on than Fernandinho - that they don't have cover for. To get Gana for 30m now would make a lot of sense. Not saying he'd be first choice - but they have a 60m forward sat warming the bench most games, this is just how City operates. Pep Guardiola has them playing an intense style and they often run out of steam the end of seasons, getting cover for that midfield position would make sense.

Not a fan of Meunier from PSG to be honest. Think he’s a very limited footballer. A defensive full back that can have a decent career on the continent but doesn’t have the tools for attacking full back play that we seem to require. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Not sure where you're getting this from, tbf, matey? The lad's a quality attacking full-back.

Four goals and five assists in 27 apps this season.

Five goals and six assists last season.

Two goals and seven assists in 16/17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back