January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan only got involved when higuain was off to Chelsea. should have went in early jan and bid for him

nar mate not having that, if there willing to accept 30 mill from Milan there not gonna reject the same elsewhere, only at Genoa or someone teams like that need the money to re-invest he was deffo gettable given he'd only just signed for a couple of mill

all ifs and buts like but said in the summer we'd need to gamble on a young striker and hope it pays off, he would have been a boss shout
I doubt AC Milan just moved for him on a whim. They'd have been scouting him for a while and if we made a move I'm sure they would have matched it. And in that situation there would only be one winner unfortunately.

I think he is our best player by a mile and think the mere notion of getting rid of him, let alone people being happy about it, is utter madness.

Such is life.
See its all about opinions, I don't rate the lad at all. He's constantly out of position and tackling players other people are already marking. On the ball its obvious he's not the best but I think his stats hide how poor he actually is. I don't believe defensive midfielders need to make as many tackles as he does.

See its all about opinions, I don't rate the lad at all. He's constantly out of position and tackling players other people are already marking. On the ball its obvious he's not the best but I think his stats hide how poor he actually is. I don't believe defensive midfielders need to make as many tackles as he does.

He has to make so many tackles because as a team - him included - we are dreadful at retaining possession.

I think he is our best player by a mile and think the mere notion of getting rid of him, let alone people being happy about it, is utter madness.

Such is life.

I don't know if he's our best player, but IMO he's our most irreplaceable one. What irriates me is this idea that he gives it away or doesn't pass it forward. It's like the Michael Keane is slow opinion. It's been disproven with objective evidence and even opinions from folks that are hands on, but it seems to still be an opinion.

When you've got a very slow midfielder/second striker already in Siggy, you can't have a bunch of other ones around him. Gomes has a bit of what we need in midfield when we have the ball, but the second we give it up he's pretty much worthless. Gana is asked to do SO much.

I think some maybe don't understand how important Gana is to our tactics. He basically covers both sides as we tend to lose the ball a lot. It's unreal the amount of ground he covers and what an effective disruptor he is of what other teams are trying to do. I think a lot of folks just ball watch and only see players passing, shooting, instead of how they function off the ball.

Even when clubs like PSG come calling, some here STILL think he's crap. It's just sad and quite ignorant, really. You'd think if PSG and some of the others that have been after him - Chelsea last summer, now Arsenal/Man City - that some here might revisit their opinions. I know much like certain stats might make me think twice about my opinion on a player.

He has to make so many tackles because as a team - him included - we are dreadful at retaining possession.
Exactly. How that's held against him is just insane to me. He's in a midfield with Gomes, who makes MAYBE a tackle or interception every game or so, who constantly is a step slow on defense, and just fouls incessantly. When Siggy drops deep to help, I mean, he's Siggy. Our CBs are dreadful or average at best - still have hope for Jerry coming good - and he is the only one holding it together at times.

Such a hard player to replace in general, so that for me would add 10m onto his fee.

Back end of January, no time to find a replacement, extra 10m.

PSG, financial fair play cheats. Another 10m.

In short, no less than 57m English Pounds, or 21 English Pounds if your name is Bill Kenwright.

She does not.

Wait...why, is there an opening?

nar in all seriousness back to my original point

gana is a top player, but just don't thin he's as important as you think given the way marco plays

if he was younger you'd obviously keep him but given his age and the offer we would get, just think it wouldn't be the worst idea to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back