Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling requires a buyer though. If you were running another club would you touch any of our unwanted players without wanting to check them on loan first?
I'd be hoping that the selling club allowed a loan; if they said no then the question becomes 'how bad do I want them?'...and that's a matter of what the club's priorities are.

There's players moving for cash in this window.

I'd be hoping that the selling club allowed a loan; if they said no then the question becomes 'how bad do I want them?'...and that's a matter of what the club's priorities are.

So what happens if we say no to the loan and the club enquiring don't want the player badly and nobody else is keen?

Do we keep them on the wage bill, possibly not registered with the squad due to limits and let their value decline further? Or get a bit of their wage paid and hopefully they put on a show in the shop window? There's no guarantees obviously but I can't see the worth of having deadwood hanging around Finch Farm if there's another option.

The players moving for cash are doing so because somebody wants to pay for that player. That doesn't mean there are willing buyers for Everton's unwanted players or that those players even want to move on permanently. The air at Finch Farm may well be hanging heavy with the same Rodwellian stench that affected Sunderland.

So what happens if we say no to the loan and the club enquiring don't want the player badly and nobody else is keen?

Do we keep them on the wage bill, possibly not registered with the squad due to limits and let their value decline further? Or get a bit of their wage paid and hopefully they put on a show in the shop window? There's no guarantees obviously but I can't see the worth of having deadwood hanging around Finch Farm if there's another option.

The players moving for cash are doing so because somebody wants to pay for that player. That doesn't mean there are willing buyers for Everton's unwanted players or that those players even want to move on permanently. The air at Finch Farm may well be hanging heavy with the same Rodwellian stench that affected Sunderland.
Sadly, I think we have a case now with so many on loan where these club's see Everton as a soft touch for a loan deal and dont feel the need to pay a fee. We're basically just prepared to see much of our playing staff out of the club to save a few million on wages - but that also means the gradual reduction each window of their saleability and to realise any value. It's a slothful way of dealing with an issue. Unimaginative and deadly for a club that has to sell a lot to buy one or two.

Yeah that's true like Morata...oh, no wait but like higuain moved for money? Nope!

Chelsea and athletico Madrid both very rich top clubs both resorting to loans. Not a lot of money has been spent this window. Apart from the pulisic deal which is mainly a marketing endeavour more then a player buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back