Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm saying it's down to Brands to sell some players IF he's also declared a 'sell to buy' policy....which he has.

But if you don't have an actual buyer, what happens then? the obvious option, make them available for loan.Failing to see what he has done wrong in that respect.

We basically have a full XI out on loan due to the fact that we can't sell them. I appreciate that it does not help our current problem with the first team which is crying out for a couple of new additions, but I am not sure what else he can do.

It’s times like tonight when you really need to appreciate the work Steve Walsh did

What a guy
1Cp0.gif

It's January - loans are way more popular than permanent transfers. Brighton have loaned 14 players out, Bournemouth and Chelsea have each loaned out 9 in January alone. Watford and Everton are next with 8 and the rest of the league somewhere between Arsenal (2) and Wolves, West Ham & Man City on 7 each.

There's very little selling happening and most of those are free transfers and "undisclosed" fees.

Chelsea aside, I don’t think any club has anywhere near as many high earners either out on loan or would’ve been available for loan as we have.

Been hearing that point over and over, and I still dont buy it. There;s deals to be had. If your polciy as a club is to sell to buy then you find a way. My conclusion is that the club just aren't thinking about matters on the pitch, they're looking at the books.

This is what austerity looks like.
But Dave, again, YOU don't buy it... It's your opinion, that's fine, but it just doesn't align with anybody else's opinion (bar one or two).

You have no idea what the club is doing behind the scenes, but everything you say is the negative end of the spectrum.

Why do you believe the club isn't acting in its best interests... On every occasion?

Well hopefully some of those jokers will find mugs to buy them come the Summer, im honestly not hopeful.

Would you pay Sandro 120k a week?
So basically Brands gets a free pass for just sending these players out on loan? It's too hard out there for him to sell players?

Remind me again: WTF is he geting paid a massive wage for?

It's January - loans are way more popular than permanent transfers. Brighton have loaned 14 players out, Bournemouth and Chelsea have each loaned out 9 in January alone. Watford and Everton are next with 8 and the rest of the league somewhere between Arsenal (2) and Wolves, West Ham & Man City on 7 each.

There's very little selling happening and most of those are free transfers and "undisclosed" fees.
Already said mate that I see the previous window as having been the major problem...and I;ve said his failure to convert players to cash has been a major disapointment of his tenure so far since last August.

So basically Brands gets a free pass for just sending these players out on loan? It's too hard out there for him to sell players?

Remind me again: WTF is he geting paid a massive wage for?

Who is going to pay a guy who can't score 120k a week in wages, other than us?

Might want to start living in real world. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back