Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's all down to Brands that we couldn't sell some of the players we need rid of, is that what you are actually saying here?
No, I'm saying it's down to Brands to sell some players IF he's also declared a 'sell to buy' policy....which he has.

Been hearing that point over and over, and I still dont buy it. There;s deals to be had. If your polciy as a club is to sell to buy then you find a way. My conclusion is that the club just aren't thinking about matters on the pitch, they're looking at the books.

This is what austerity looks like.

I agree Dave, we are very much watching the books.

I mean we took our eye off them and spent like a "drunk sailor" and now we are left with a whole bunch of unsaleable useless trash draining this club dry, so I for 1 welcome this short term austerity, cos when its over, we are a football club that has a yearly income of over 180m, when we dont have to spend all that on wages we can invest in some footballing assets.

Sadly, I think we have a case now with so many on loan where these club's see Everton as a soft touch for a loan deal and dont feel the need to pay a fee.

It's January - loans are way more popular than permanent transfers. Brighton have loaned 14 players out, Bournemouth and Chelsea have each loaned out 9 in January alone. Watford and Everton are next with 8 and the rest of the league somewhere between Arsenal (2) and Wolves, West Ham & Man City on 7 each.

There's very little selling happening and most of those are free transfers and "undisclosed" fees.

Said to you above that the problem was in the summer window, maybe you forgot?
The summer window was a problem, but due to previous circumstances caused by Walsh added to the consequences I mentioned with new staff and limited time... So I can't see why you've got a downer on Brands already from a massively limited first window, a January window where clubs aren't buying over waged players seemingly based on the fact he didn't sell Lookman for 25m and magically buy a striker with the proceeds.

I mean we took our eye off them and spent like a "drunk sailor" and now we are left with a whole bunch of unsaleable useless trash draining this club dry, so I for 1 welcome this short term austerity, cos when its over, we are a football club that has a yearly income of over 180m, when we dont have to spend all that on wages we can invest in some footballing assets.
That's ok, you can walk and chew at the same time though. By all means try and trim the squad by selling players, but dont then fail to sell any players if the manager is dependent on sales to buy and cant have access to transfer funds any other way.

Only issue is we're going to be struggling with moving players on for at least a couple of years.

Our transfer strategy is going to be crippled over that period.

Tear it up with a sell to buy policy carried out by a DoF who couldn't sell water in the desert.
Do you just choose to ignore the fact that most clubs aren't really interested in buying ageing, mediocre players on massive wages?

And those same ageing, mediocre, overpaid players aren't really too keen on leaving behind the biggest contracts they're ever going to get?

I wasn't exactly expecting a queue for them myself.

That's ok, you can walk and chew at the same time though. By all means try and trim the squad by selling players, but dont then fail to sell any players if the manager is dependent on sales to buy and cant have access to transfer funds any other way.

Well hopefully some of those jokers will find mugs to buy them come the Summer, im honestly not hopeful.

Would you pay Sandro 120k a week?
Only issue is we're going to be struggling with moving players on for at least a couple of years.

Our transfer strategy is going to be crippled over that period.

Also the transfer ban.

It’s times like tonight when you really need to appreciate the work Steve Walsh did

What a guy
...and what a guy the man paid an arm and a leg to clear up the mess is - the one who seems to have just brushed the rubbish about a bit and then into a corner and walked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back