Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every club makes mistakes in the market. Didn’t Man Utd pay millions for some Portuguese homeless kid once?

Sandro on paper was a great signing and in theory we couldn’t lose out on him.
Schneiderlin would probably fit the profile of a player we’d look at now - great at a smaller club but lost his way a bit after a move to one of the biggest clubs in the world. I still can’t work our how he can go from the player he was when he first arrived to the one he is now.
Bolasie was a very very poor one.

For the record i still think we could sell Sandro for about £5m

We couldn't otherwise we already would have.

We effectively in order to sign him offered contract such as is nornally given to an in demand free agent.

We couldn't give the lad away for nothing mate, any club would want a percentage of his wages subsidising even on a free from us.

It's why we have been desperately loaning him out to whoever will take him, hoping he hits done kind of purple patch to allow a mug to come in for him and get shut.

We couldn't otherwise we already would have.

We effectively in order to sign him offered contract such as is nornally given to an in demand free agent.

We couldn't give the lad away for nothing mate, any club would want a percentage of his wages subsidising even on a free from us.

It's why we have been desperately loaning him out to whoever will take him, hoping he hits done kind of purple patch to allow a mug to come in for him and get shut.

Weirdly enough mate, that isn't definitely the case.

I'm not saying he hasn't been a total flop. But Silva was actually reluctant to let him go out on loan and wanted him to stay and be an option. Sandro didn't want to be fourth choice which was understandable.

I'm sure we will sell for whatever we can when the time comes, but by reliable accounts Silva was impressed by Sandro in pre-season.

Forgot about him, but at least he has something about him, at least he can actually be arsed and wants to do well.
Mad to think that with all the wheeling dealing we still have 250k ish in wages sat on the bench in snides and cenk... Still big money whatever club going to waste

He wouldn't suit them at all though would he.

Doubt Burnley can take a punt on someone at 120k p/w either.

There’s a few players on high wages who are going to be very difficult to shift.

Either need to utilise them in squad or subsidise their wages for a loan. Probably until their contracts run out.

Massive waste of funds to be honest but it’s the hand Silva and Brands have been dealt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back