Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that your dropping Gueye for a 21 year old you've seen maybe twice...Stop it.
I don't know why people think we will go through a football season with the same starting XI. It just doesn't happen.

Ndombele is already a very good player. Like with Lozano, I think he has it in him to become absolutely top class in due course and, if we did manage to bring him in, it could prove very difficult to keep him longer then 2/3 years. But, whilst I like having young up and coming players taking up the bulk of the squad places, you still need a nucleus of 14/15 top players to fight for starting positions if you are to be successful. So having 4 fighting for the front 3. Richarlison, Lozano, Bernard and maybe another striker. 4 fighting for the midfield 3, Gana, Ndombele, Gomes and Siggy, 3 for the centre back pairing, Mina, Keane and Zouma.

As the players get used to Silva's system we will start to dominate possession in many more games so we will need a different dynamic to our midfield, Ndombele will bring that. But there will be many games when Gana is guaranteed to start because there is nobody better at what he does in my opinion. With injuries, European football and just the usual fixture congestion, there will be plenty of games to go around to keep everyone happy.

The crunch will come if we ever have a big game like a cup final, but again that will probably depend on the opponents as to who is preferred. But that's the same for any top club world wide.

But whose going to buy them.
A 28m player had to be loaned out to the championship because there were no takers

In all fairness mate, he had a career ending injury and according to the player himself is not filly fit. Thats a vastly different situation to players who are contributing regularly to one of the big 6 teams.

Personally think Lyon would be a pita to deal with and would demand a ridiculous fee, not sure on their finances and such though tbh, the lads started getting massive press and links to the money clubs though last few weeks
Agree with the Lyon point mate. But they are a selling club and part of their policy is to buy young players in for pittance and then sell them on for big bucks. That's why I wasn't bothered about them in the summer as realistic competition for Mina. It was the United links that concerned me.

They will ask top money for Ndombele and I'd be surprised if he went for less than £40m. As to whether the player himself would want to come here, I think that depends on a number of factors. What other clubs we are in competition with will obviously be a factor. But also the lad's personality and the quality of people he has advising him will come into play. He's still only 21 and I would imagine going to one of the top clubs carries the risk of not playing regularly. He and his advisors may consider a stepping stone club as the better option.

I liken his situation to that of Lozano and our own Richarlison. All young players with tremendous ability, but still with a fair way to go before reaching that top level. We represent a club with the financial clout to meet the fee and wage demands, can almost guarantee game time, and have a management team that seem able to talk payers into coming here.

I don't believe it's as much a pipe dream as you think. Would still be unbelievable business if it happened though.

Agree with the Lyon point mate. But they are a selling club and part of their policy is to buy young players in for pittance and then sell them on for big bucks. That's why I wasn't bothered about them in the summer as realistic competition for Mina. It was the United links that concerned me.

They will ask top money for Ndombele and I'd be surprised if he went for less than £40m. As to whether the player himself would want to come here, I think that depends on a number of factors. What other clubs we are in competition with will obviously be a factor. But also the lad's personality and the quality of people he has advising him will come into play. He's still only 21 and I would imagine going to one of the top clubs carries the risk of not playing regularly. He and his advisors may consider a stepping stone club as the better option.

I liken his situation to that of Lozano and our own Richarlison. All young players with tremendous ability, but still with a fair way to go before reaching that top level. We represent a club with the financial clout to meet the fee and wage demands, can almost guarantee game time, and have a management team that seem able to talk payers into coming here.

I don't believe it's as much a pipe dream as you think. Would still be unbelievable business if it happened though.

Whats quite clear is they are making a go of it. Lot's of sustained reporting.

Think he will go for more than £40m.
He is one of the hottest prospects currently and his stock is increasing all the time.

With PSV likely exiting europe, I think we could have a good chance of landing Lozano. If we deem him a priority target.

Ndombele is brilliant. We have no chance of getting him.

Some of the players we signed in the Summer looked out of reach.

Alot will depend on exactly what is being sold to the players. Both Keane and Gana have improved under Silva, so we are getting better all the time.

Ndombele would be a huge coupe, but I wouldn't say we have no chance.

Think he will go for more than £40m.
He is one of the hottest prospects currently and his stock is increasing all the time.

With PSV likely exiting europe, I think we could have a good chance of landing Lozano. If we deem him a priority target.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he did go for more than £40m either, just if he went for less than that.

I think a deal in principle for Lozano has already been agreed mate, even if it's with some other club. Especially when you consider who his agent is. You'd expect him to be touting him around all over the show. If so, we would have to be favourites given Brands existing relationship with club, player and agent.

I don't know why people think we will go through a football season with the same starting XI. It just doesn't happen.

Ndombele is already a very good player. Like with Lozano, I think he has it in him to become absolutely top class in due course and, if we did manage to bring him in, it could prove very difficult to keep him longer then 2/3 years. But, whilst I like having young up and coming players taking up the bulk of the squad places, you still need a nucleus of 14/15 top players to fight for starting positions if you are to be successful. So having 4 fighting for the front 3. Richarlison, Lozano, Bernard and maybe another striker. 4 fighting for the midfield 3, Gana, Ndombele, Gomes and Siggy, 3 for the centre back pairing, Mina, Keane and Zouma.

As the players get used to Silva's system we will start to dominate possession in many more games so we will need a different dynamic to our midfield, Ndombele will bring that. But there will be many games when Gana is guaranteed to start because there is nobody better at what he does in my opinion. With injuries, European football and just the usual fixture congestion, there will be plenty of games to go around to keep everyone happy.

The crunch will come if we ever have a big game like a cup final, but again that will probably depend on the opponents as to who is preferred. But that's the same for any top club world wide.

I think people can get over excited about shiny new players before they even seet them.

Excellent case in point, all summer i was telling my RS mates wait and see Keita before they start claiming he is going to be a hybrid of Kante & De Bruyne in one player.
Look at him so far, brought in on a huge fee- the missing peice, and Milner, Wijnaldum & Henderson are still getting selected ahead of him. Why? Because they are all proven in the prem.
Now Keita may end up good in another 6 months or so and eventually get used to this league- he may not.
But to start putting players in your "starting xi's" who havent kicked a ball before you have seen them play in this league is asking for trouble.

By the way- everytime i have seen Ndombele he has looked ace (still dosent mean id have him straight in ahead of Gana, based on what he has done in another league, he would have to come in and prove it)

I think people can get over excited about shiny new players before they even seet them.

Excellent case in point, all summer i was telling my RS mates wait and see Keita before they start claiming he is going to be a hybrid of Kante & De Bruyne in one player.
Look at him so far, brought in on a huge fee- the missing peice, and Milner, Wijnaldum & Henderson are still getting selected ahead of him. Why? Because they are all proven in the prem.
Now Keita may end up good in another 6 months or so and eventually get used to this league- he may not.
But to start putting players in your "starting xi's" who havent kicked a ball before you have seen them play in this league is asking for trouble.

By the way- everytime i have seen Ndombele he has looked ace (still dosent mean id have him straight in ahead of Gana, based on what he has done in another league, he would have to come in and prove it)
There's games I wouldn't dream of starting without Gana in the line up. But there are also games when his special talents are not needed so much and we need more of a creative edge. The same starting XI is not always appropriate for every game mate.

just going through this thread and the one constant is lozano. I’m not up on European togger so I don’t know how good he is. If he’s as good as some are saying how come no teams went for him last summer??

just going through this thread and the one constant is lozano. I’m not up on European togger so I don’t know how good he is. If he’s as good as some are saying how come no teams went for him last summer??

He’d only been there one season and wanted to stay for another to continue his development. He seems to have his head screwed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back