Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be fuming if the bloke refuses to spend £30 million on Lozano but brings in a bloke from Plumbers FC for £15 million who has a massive chance of flopping.

Very rare these days that top young players go unnoticed especially south americans who are scouted at a very young age.

But this is the bloke that found Lozano and got him for cheap in the first place... He's basically saying he'd rather try and do that again rather than overpay. Like what is wrong with that, at all?

Not when it comes to Gana. When he says he’s our best player, passes forward all the time and never gives it away.
How can anyone agree with that, who has a set of eyes.

Who actually says any of that?

Gana is the best player at what he does in the team. He's one of the best in the league in that role. Like, that's not really an argument.

Is he our best player overall? No. Does he give the ball away? Yes. Does he do it as nearly as much as you say he does? No. Does he pass forwards more than you say he does? Yes. Could his passing improved? Definitely.

Does he offer us something that is currently crucial to how we want to play? Yes.

I'll be fuming if the bloke refuses to spend £30 million on Lozano but brings in a bloke from Plumbers FC for £15 million who has a massive chance of flopping.

Very rare these days that top young players go unnoticed especially south americans who are scouted at a very young age.
But what happens if he spends 30m big ones and Lozano is crap

But this is the bloke that found Lozano and got him for cheap in the first place... He's basically saying he'd rather try and do that again rather than overpay. Like what is wrong with that, at all?

As evertonains we aren’t used to seeing genuine confidence. We are worried he’s going to sign someone from plumbers fc and it flop. Brands has confidence in himself and is thinking , it’s better if I just buy the next Lozano for a 1/4 of the price straight from plumbers fc rather than let psv develop them and charge me 20m extra for the privilege

Who actually says any of that?

Gana is the best player at what he does in the team. He's one of the best in the league in that role. Like, that's not really an argument.

Is he our best player overall? No. Does he give the ball away? Yes. Does he do it as nearly as much as you say he does? No. Does he pass forwards more than you say he does? Yes. Could his passing improved? Definitely.

Does he offer us something that is currently crucial to how we want to play? Yes.
That’s basically your opinion, we obviously see things differently. Does he pass the ball forward as much as you say he does? No
See that’s easy.

A couple of final things and I’m done with this thread.
1) at nearly 30 his passing ain’t improving

2) is he crucial to how we play, no he isn’t imo.

That’s basically your opinion, we obviously see things differently. Does he pass the ball forward as much as you say he does? No
See that’s easy.

He's crucial in the tackling department.

See that’s easy.

I have used stats - and others have too - to prove that he does pass the ball forward. That's not opinion, it's fact.

I agree entirely that if I had to choose one player to unlock a defence, it wouldn't be Gana. But that's not the point.

Point 1 - I agree.
Point 2 - I disagree and it's blatantly obvious whenever he doesn't play. Not saying he has to start every game, but that means we have to change how we play.

As much as I like him, Gana can go to PSG. And I think he'll do fantastically well for them. Unfortunately we've got no ready made backup so we'd need to buy cleverly and have his replacement hit the ground running.

He'll only leave on our terms. Which is a nice change of pace for one of our better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back