Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to Evertonians around the world. With just one day to the opening of the January Transfer window, here’s a summary of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to the Daily Mail, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has named a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder, Andre Gomes, his priority heading into the January transfer window.

- The Daily Mail also report Everton interest in signing Bournemouth striker, Callum Wilson. The 26 year old has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in 19 appearances for the Cherries this season and could command a fee of around £50m.

- The Birmingham Mail and various other outlets say West Brom are expected to complete the loan signing of Everton defender Mason Holgate ahead of Championship rivals, Leeds United. The 22 year old Doncaster born defender came through the academy at Barnsley and has made 48 appearances for the Toffees since moving in the Summer of 2014.

- The Daily Mirror suggest Everton are scouting 22 year old Hull forward, Jarrod Bowen. The 22 year old has scored 10 goals this season, including 6 in his last 6 games but Everton might have difficulty securing his services with Tottenham Hotspur also interested.

Thanks Eggs.
The lad Bowen seems to be quite the prospect.

.....a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to Evertonians around the world. With just one day to the opening of the January Transfer window, here’s a summary of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to the Daily Mail, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has named a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder, Andre Gomes, his priority heading into the January transfer window.

- The Daily Mail also report Everton interest in signing Bournemouth striker, Callum Wilson. The 26 year old has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in 19 appearances for the Cherries this season and could command a fee of around £50m.

- The Birmingham Mail and various other outlets say West Brom are expected to complete the loan signing of Everton defender Mason Holgate ahead of Championship rivals, Leeds United. The 22 year old Doncaster born defender came through the academy at Barnsley and has made 48 appearances for the Toffees since moving in the Summer of 2014.

- The Daily Mirror suggest Everton are scouting 22 year old Hull forward, Jarrod Bowen. The 22 year old has scored 10 goals this season, including 6 in his last 6 games but Everton might have difficulty securing his services with Tottenham Hotspur also interested.

Great to have the Eggs round up back - especially as my lot have stopped laying for the winter.

Thanks Eggs.
The lad Bowen seems to be quite the prospect.

...yep, we were linked with Bowen last summer and I wonder if it’s a regurgitated rumour with Silva’s links to Hull and the lad scoring a couple more goals at the weekend.

Besiktas CB, Domagoj Vida, is another rumour resurfacing from the Summer but that has the look of his agent touting for a move anywhere.

Last edited:
I agree with the aim and it should be our target every season.
But I think given the complexity of the task facing us , adopting a new more offensive style, blending new payers in ( and there will be in all likelihood more new faces after summer) that we would benefit from a further season without the complication of extra games and travel.

I know not many will agree with this, but I want us to grow without further setbacks. If we managed Europe this season - it would see us keep some of the garb around for another season to make numbers up.

I’d much prefer we whittled down the squad and brought in better players to fight for European qualification the following season.

A reminder we brought in Digne, Mina and Gomes without Europe - Add more boss players next summer and go from there.

This has made my year. xx

...yep, we were linked with Bowen last summer and I wonder if it’s a regurgitated rumour with Silva’s links to Hull and the lad scoring a couple more goals at the weekend.

Besiktas CB, Domagoj Vida, is another rumour resurfacing from the Summer but that has the look of his agent touting for a move anywhere.
Would be happy with Bowen but I suspect his price would be prohibitive for what is still effectively a punt.

....I expect it’ll be a quiet window for us, KK.
I agree. I think people are applying too much of a Machiavellian slant to the previous comments of Moshiri and Brands with regards to our prospective activity during this window.
If the right player comes along at the right price then I’m sure we will act. But if not we will keep our money in our pocket, which is the sensible way to operate in my opinion.

I agree. I think people are applying too much of a Machiavellian slant to the previous comments of Moshiri and Brands with regards to our prospective activity during this window.
If the right player comes along at the right price then I’m sure we will act. But if not we will keep our money in our pocket, which is the sensible way to operate in my opinion.

....yep, there’ll probably more demand from other clubs for our fringe players, especially as the window closes.

If Vida was going to go you would have thought it would be after the World Cup. It will be interesting to see if the Gana to PSG rumour gathers any momentum.

At last ;)
Well in @Eggs

These daily updates will brighten up every Evertonian’s January! Thanks Eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back