Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You my sir are the issue

I love the mystique of Euro competition but last year's debacle proves that with a mediocre squad its nothing more than an unwanted distraction. I mean away at Limassol is hardly one to savour. If we had aspirations in other comps Europe would get sidelined as a result. Not a nay sayer it's just a pragmatic view.

I sincerely hope the Gana rumours remain largely baseless. It would be a blow to my optimism to lose that player at this juncture.
We simply have no adequate replacement.

Agreed mate, it’s easy to focus on what he doesn’t do offensively when he has been a top performer in other areas defensive/tackles/interceptions since his villla day’s. He has a terrible shot though!
In any case I trust Brands to do the right thing.

Attracted soooooooooooo many quality players last year. Arguably got better ones this year not in Europe.

Probably more down to the Brands v Walsh factor than anything else. Several players also said they admired and wanted to play for Marco Silva and that he was pivotal in their decision, the ‘project’ has also been mentioned which I always interpret as we showed them a few quid.

Richarlison
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...er-news-later-cristiano-ronaldo-a8483321.html

Bernard
https://www.skysports.com/football/...seal-deal-for-brazilian-international-bernard

Digne
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-barcelona-to-join-everton-in-transfer-window

Andre Gomes
https://www.skysports.com/football/...omes-and-bernard-join-everton-on-deadline-day

.....a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to Evertonians around the world. With just one day to the opening of the January Transfer window, here’s a summary of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to the Daily Mail, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has named a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder, Andre Gomes, his priority heading into the January transfer window.

- The Daily Mail also report Everton interest in signing Bournemouth striker, Callum Wilson. The 26 year old has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in 19 appearances for the Cherries this season and could command a fee of around £50m.

- The Birmingham Mail and various other outlets say West Brom are expected to complete the loan signing of Everton defender Mason Holgate ahead of Championship rivals, Leeds United. The 22 year old Doncaster born defender came through the academy at Barnsley and has made 48 appearances for the Toffees since moving in the Summer of 2014.

- The Daily Mirror suggest Everton are scouting 22 year old Hull forward, Jarrod Bowen. The 22 year old has scored 10 goals this season, including 6 in his last 6 games but Everton might have difficulty securing his services with Tottenham Hotspur also interested.

The club could learn from you Eggs. Never fail to deliver. Many thanks.

Move on Niasse and Tosun and get in two strikers, anything else can wait.

Preferably two different types of strikers so we can mix it up too

We need this desperately... not including Richarlison who is best out wide and apart from Cardiff and maybe Crystal Palace, name another team with worse attacking options

We need this desperately... not including Richarlison who is best out wide and apart from Cardiff and maybe Crystal Palace, name another team with worse attacking options

Huddersfield

There is too much stereotyping of the January window by all clubs. Every year now the same platitudes are trotted out in advance.

Surely the criteria should be the same as for the summer - if the right player is available now on acceptable terms, then we get them in now and avoid another club doing the deal later.

There may be less options but still good deals to be done. Especially with three weeks cut off the summer window.

I agree with trimming the squad further but that should act as a catalyst to get replacements in asap.

It’s all relative, Brighton don’t have much nor do, Southampton, Fulham or Newcastle but the fact it’s even a debate says everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back