Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If gana was 25 I wouldn’t even think about selling him, but he’s 29? It’s going to take 2-3 years to get to where we want to be and that’s if we ever do. At that time he’s going to be 31-32 and need replacing anyway. I don’t see the point in not selling our players that aren’t going to be able to play in our team I. 2-3 years tbh. As long as it’s a decent fee and 30m imo is a very decent fee, goes without saying that he needs a replacement lined up before we let him go imo
I'd sell if the price is right. I'd replace with Diame from Newcastle as short term and hopefully offload Schneiderlein in return, then use the money to bring in Batshuayi. Although we could do with someone in mid who can pass, tackle, head and find space.....answers on a postcard

Don't get the hype with Pulisic.
Think Dortmund have done great business.
He helps them win the league and go further in the champions league whilst they trouser close to 60 big ones and they got a superior player(Sancho) for peanuts.
Need Mislinstat to start doing that for us and Brands ditto for your lot
I read 64M. Part of his value is his marketability. And he's really good. He'd walk into our side.

I read 64M. Part of his value is his marketability. And he's really good. He'd walk into our side.

Walking into our side currently doesn't mean a lot. His 15 goals in 115 games would be off-putting for me personally if I was a DOF, even despite his young age and potential to improve. I'd say even we need better returns than that.

Walking into our side currently doesn't mean a lot. His 15 goals in 115 games would be off-putting for me personally if I was a DOF, even despite his young age and potential to improve. I'd say even we need better returns than that.

Obviously I'm not spending 64M on him if I'm Everton, unless I have a new kit deal and I'm actually pushing the top 4, because the return might be worth it. It would immediately put Everton kits in every store in the country, whereas right now it's Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Chelsea, LFC, Barca, Real, Bayern, and quite a few Dortmund jerseys.

But on the soccer side, he's still really good. Would I prefer Hirving Lozano? Different types of players, but I think Pulisic is better at this point. Pulisic can score plenty, but he's better at creating chances for others, which he does well. His ball control is sensational, but his quickness and movement is what truly makes him great. The only one we have that's remotely similar is Bernard, although they are definitely different players. Pulisic can play centrally and I've never seen Bernard do so, nor do I think he's well suited for it.

THAT BEING SAID, if we don't see Bernard on the right in place of Walcott next PL match, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back