Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even arsed anymore. We sign players and we are still rubbish. Personally don't believe the issues lie with the playing staff or the coaching staff for that matter. Unless we sign a worldie I wouldn't expect much change in our form, we'll still be inconsistent and still finish 7th to 8th. There's a loser mentality at the club that needs weeded out first.

[QUOTE="People shouting down Abraham but spouting that we need a “proven goalscorer”: Like Chelsea did when they signed Torres/Shevchenko? Or United did when they signed Falcao?.[/QUOTE]

All three of those players were at the end of their effective life in the PL when they moved. Torres and Falcao both moved off of the back of horrible knee injuries and Shevchenko was only bought because Abramovic wanted him, not for footballing reasons.

Thats for premier league clubs to premier league clubs i think...cant see any rules for foreign clubs loaning players.
I seem to remember it being along the lines of maximum 2 non-domestic loans per season. But no idea if that’s still the case or if the same club regulation applies.

Can’t find anything online either :blush:

This gamble on the likes of Abraham talk in here.

You guys realise that to get him we have to spend money, and pay him right?

So if he is crap then we are stuck with him. Same as the other load of players we were stuck with after walsh thought he was the best at football manager 2017-18

The Nigerian/English lad at Leicester had the exact same conversations about him last year and he vanished off the face of the earth once someone other than Everton bought him

Abraham and Iheanacho are both good and I'd have either of them at Everton.

They're 21 and 22 respectively, player development/progression is not linear

I'm not even arsed anymore. We sign players and we are still rubbish. Personally don't believe the issues lie with the playing staff or the coaching staff for that matter. Unless we sign a worldie I wouldn't expect much change in our form, we'll still be inconsistent and still finish 7th to 8th. There's a loser mentality at the club that needs weeded out first.
Whilst I agree about the loser mentality, I can see all our losers being volleyed out the door this summer.
Jags, Baines, Unsworth, Ferguson etc. All the cosy club gone. A full clear out.

Malcom did well for a non-PSG team in Ligue Un, which is probably more akin to Championship than Prem level these days. Abraham had a poor return for a relegation-doomed Swansea team that had just lost all of its best players over a 2 year period.

I acknowledge both would represent a gamble, but the complete dismissal of one and clamour to assess our chances of signing another (who is doing three-fifths of nothing in his present role) is nothing short of snobbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back