Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tosun was very highly thought of before he got “Evertoned”, I remember Guardiola speaking highly of him.

All the experts on here calling him garbage, yeah right lads, take your word over that every day of the week!

The facts are, he’s just another decent player ruined in the actual shambles of a transfer policy we have been operating under for the last 2 years.

I like the fact that he wants to stay and fight for his place, shows a bit of grit, a feature obviously missing amongst the majority of the current crop of charlatans we have turning out.
How do you become"Evertoned",if you don't get into scoring positions often and when you do you fluff it?

He’s a player that United use in big games to put out fires and do man marking jobs, I’m not saying he’s a crap player, I just don’t want us to be signing that type of player when we’ve already got someone who does that job. We need creativity in that midfield desperately.
I think he's good on the ball personally, he isn't just someone who puts a shift in as he is also a good footballer. I think him and Gomes would make a solid pairing, if we had a better 10.

All irrelevant though because there is not a chance he'd come here.

He’s a player that United use in big games to put out fires and do man marking jobs, I’m not saying he’s a crap player, I just don’t want us to be signing that type of player when we’ve already got someone who does that job. We need creativity in that midfield desperately.

Think he's played every game under OGS and Pogba has credited him with the one who has given him licence to get forward.

He's very much what Arteta became in his Arsenal days.

He isn't coming here but he's a good player. That being said, he's 29.

No the main facts are:

30 premier league appearances
7 goals

Dixie would have struggled to score in that rabble of a defensively set up side last season, is all of that vital information lost on you? Or are you just one of those “I want everything now” Geordie types that half of our fan base seem to have become?

I am surprised that Tosun has not been given more of a chance this season. It isn't as if we have a glut of accomplished goalscoring centre forwards and he did quite well last season when he settled.
His goalscoring record isn't bad when you consider a lot of his appearances were off the bench , not the long term answer but maybe worthy of more chances than he has had so far this season.

I am surprised that Tosun has not been given more of a chance this season. It isn't as if we have a glut of accomplished goalscoring centre forwards and he did quite well last season when he settled.
His goalscoring record isn't bad when you consider a lot of his appearances were off the bench , not the long term answer but maybe worthy of more chances than he has had so far this season.
Only one goal in the last 14 games he's started for us though, so it's not a surprise that they're not keen on giving him that many more.

Tosun was very highly thought of before he got “Evertoned”, I remember Guardiola speaking highly of him.

All the experts on here calling him garbage, yeah right lads, take your word over that every day of the week!

The facts are, he’s just another decent player ruined in the actual shambles of a transfer policy we have been operating under for the last 2 years.

I like the fact that he wants to stay and fight for his place, shows a bit of grit, a feature obviously missing amongst the majority of the current crop of charlatans we have turning out.

I totally agree with this. He slotted a few when he got here and that as in fattys one shot on goal per game period. As @Eggs was saying earlier though, he is not the type to bully defenders which is what we need and what Silva used at Watford. For me, he is in thee wrong team/formation for his skill set.
Watch him in Turkey and you will see what he needs for his game to thrive, playing alone with crap service against 2 prem grocks will not be his style.

...Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, report Everton are interested in Ajax’s 21 year old midfielder Donny van de Beek. They also say the player is only interested in a summer move.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back