Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a bloke on the radio earlier who gas written a book about the transfer window, well, transfers in general. I may have misheard, but I think he said that 30% of transfers take place in the last 2 hours of a window.

These arent the big news ones, generally, but lower league players, out of contract ones, and yeah, panicky clubs.

It`s great to watch in the pub, as some of the reporters look and sound like they haven`t slept for days and are on the verge of losing it !

Club insurance will cover this sad loss, Cardiff will not have to pay a penny, that's only right too, Sad this lad lost his life!

As posted elsewhere, Cardiff paid £5m up front and are liable for the outstanding £10m as he was registered as a Cardiff player. Whether their insurance will cover the balance, I do not know

That's not terrible.

Not great, but there are many players with worse stats than that.

I think the problem with Tosun is that he failed to succeed when given opportunities. He’s not exacly created space and had a load of shots on goal.

Within the system we play he’s been poor.

People may argue he’s not had a fair crack of the whip, but he’s ultimately shown when he has played he’s not capable of being the goal scorer we need. Mobility and awareness have not helped his cause as the likes of Bernard and Gylfi can’t exactly thread him through - admittedly there is concern whoever we evenursully bring in needs to connect to the wavelength of what we have:

I hope we target a more mohile type of striker and ultimately he gets into dangerous areas constantly, near post, across his man and proves to be success. I really see how Tosun can be that here, however he may have the game for a Crystal Palace, Brighton, Cardiff or similar.

Unfortunately they will still have to pay for Sala and can’t loan him as they’ve already bagged The Prince on loan
All true but in addition after the Sala tragedy they asked the league if they would extend the transfer deadline for them so presumably they still want / need a striker.
As others have said ( sadly ) they will have insurance for the tragic loss of Sala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back