Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batshuyai's record (not including the farmer Belgium league)

Marseille: 62 games (26 goals) ave 1 in 2.5 games

Chelsea: 32 games (7 goals) ave 1 in every 4.5 games

Dortmund 10 games (7 goals) ave 1 in every 1.5 games

Valencia 15 games (1 goal) ave 1 in 15 games

Belgium 22 games (12 goals) ave 1 in every 1.5 games

So basically has a good scoring record in Germany, France and at international level.

Poor record in Spain and England although he has not had a settled run of games at Chelsea so hard to fully judge him.

Based on the fact that their are no top strikers available in January its definitely a yes for me. Miles better than Tosun and DCL.

I could be wrong, but his minutes to goal ratio was decent at Chelsea wasn’t it?

Because they're more ambitious than us or have a DoF who knows what he's doing?

David, Tielemens isn't all that. He really, really isn't.

He's decent, a good prospect. But he's done nothing - nothing - at Monaco. Even when they were half-decent last year, he hardly played.

Thing is, for the top top strikers these days it's gonna cost far more than we can afford, so we've almost got to go for players who might reach their potential and where 35m sounds a lot, he could be worth double after a good 18 months

When we bought Lukaku for 28m I honestly thought that was 10m too much

If the likes of Solanke go for 19m then I'm not surprised they want around 35m

Loads of people said we overpaid for Lukaku, hell I think I was 1 of them, BUT, Lukaku was much younger and had a much better record.

Interestingly they are now the same age.

Their records read :

Bats 108 - 288 = 2.66 goals per game
Rom 181 - 397 = 2.19 goals per game

Granted most of Roms goals are in this League.

Thing is, for the top top strikers these days it's gonna cost far more than we can afford, so we've almost got to go for players who might reach their potential and where 35m sounds a lot, he could be worth double after a good 18 months

When we bought Lukaku for 28m I honestly thought that was 10m too much

If the likes of Solanke go for 19m then I'm not surprised they want around 35m
Difference with Rom was we actually watched him perform on loan for us and knew what we were getting

Bats is still an unknown quantity. Anything more than 20 is insane

He spent a lot of time deeper and outside the box for Valencia, taking part in build up play more than being a Centre Forward.

One thing I've noticed about him is he's equally comfortable using either foot.

I also get the impression he needs a home where he's top dog to get the best out of him, and playing regularly.

Could be a decent signing but will depend on outgoings. Wouldn't be surprised if we're trying for a loan with option to buy though.

Yes.... and here's the thing... I'm not a fan of Batshuayi, but the more I think it through, the more I like it....

for those saying no, which other 25 year old striker can we buy with such talent/potential/experience mix he's had? Yes, he had stretches and moments where he looked bad, which is why I'm not a fan of his, but let's face it.... we're not getting Lewandowski to come here..... are we?

The big thing to me would be that he would be playing for us in his best years (he will be 26 in October)

Big gamble no doubt, but an even reward if all goes well

David, Tielemens isn't all that. He really, really isn't.

He's decent, a good prospect. But he's done nothing - nothing - at Monaco. Even when they were half-decent last year, he hardly played.
He is all that. He's young and he needs a proper stage to play on. He could have gone anywhere after Anderlecht.

I've always thought that Batshuayi was a wasteful player who needs about three gilt edged chances to score one.

There has to be a better deal out there than this.

Doesnt seem like it sadly David.

Im not a massive fan, I agree he seems quite wasteful, hes very, very hit and miss, but Marcel only buys ballers.

He is all that. He's young and he needs a proper stage to play on. He could have gone anywhere after Anderlecht.

He isn't all that.

He's a proper crab, for one. Has a half-decent long-range strike on him.

Could he be an option? Certainly I'd like to think so. But would he offer anything that we're currently missing - nah, not really. We need power and presence in midfield, not the Belgian version of Davies.

Signing a striker, well anyone at this late stage - suggest Silva has possibly begged Brands for a signing given Brands’ comments earlier in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back