Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing a striker, well anyone at this late stage - suggest Silva has possibly begged Brands for a signing given Brands’ comments earlier in the window.

Well, it just means that we're selling one player and have decided to use those funds to try and sign a player in another area we need bolstering.

I expect, if a deal is to be done, it'll be for around £30m. I never expected anything less, really.

Loads of people said we overpaid for Lukaku, hell I think I was 1 of them, BUT, Lukaku was much younger and had a much better record.

Interestingly they are now the same age.

Their records read :

Bats 108 - 288 = 2.66 goals per game
Rom 181 - 397 = 2.19 goals per game

Granted most of Roms goals are in this League.
Actually I take it back, a record of over 2 goals a game is absolutely fine by me.

Well, it just means that we're selling one player and have decided to use those funds to try and sign a player in another area we need bolstering.

I expect, if a deal is to be done, it'll be for around £30m. I never expected anything less, really.

Accept it’s a area that’s needing quality, just surprised at the target and the fee. Hopefully if he is to join he setttles immediately as we need a lift.

Accept it’s a area that’s needing quality, just surprised at the target and the fee. Hopefully if he is to join he setttles immediately as we need a lift.

It's not the fee that we're wanting to pay, it's the fee Chelsea are asking for.

I'm not even surprised by the target, even if I have my reservations on Batshuayi (and I have plenty). He's our level of player.

I could be wrong, but his minutes to goal ratio was decent at Chelsea wasn’t it?

Think so mate, I would imagine quite a few of his appearances at Chelsea were your typical 10 minute cameo from the bench.

He's not great but he's definitely an upgrade and at worse case scenario he ends up being back up to a better striker signed up in the summer if he struggles until the seasons end.

I would have hoped we would wait till the summer to sign a better striker and for better value. We need to stop the short termism. It's crippling us.

Well tbf with Batshuayi he's 25, Tim.

He's been around the block but he's not old. He's proven himself in a fair few leagues, even if sporadically, and internationally. He is a striker who seems to need 4 chances to score 1, but I'd argue that's better than our current bunch (not hard).

If he was 28/29, and on huge wages, then there'd be a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back