Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
In - no one

Out - Bolasie to Anderlecht on loan, Beningime to Wigan on loan, Connolly recalled from loan at Ipswich to got to Bolton on loan, Martina recalled from loan at Stoke to go to Feyenoord on loan to be made permanent in summer, Antony Evans to Blackpool on loan

It's about time Martina made the step up to the champions league. I hope we can get him back when his career winds down.

I'm just happy we didn't plonk down an outrageous sum on some 1 in 4 striker from a Euro pub league and put him on 60 a week. Sadly, I think the summer will be not too dissimilar from this window. Perhaps sign a couple of the loan boys on permanent, but sadly the Walsh legacy will likely live on for another 12 to 24 months at least.

I'm actually of the belief that its the large squad size that's leading to some of the poor morale/attitudes in the squad. If I'm right, Silva needs to be firm about this and perhaps we can suck it up and pay off some of the bad apples to the benefit of the rest of the team.

....it truly doesn’t matter that nothing happened, it’s always good to have a natter with your friends about the rumours.

I know it's been said already, but Thank You @Eggs! I'm in the States and it helps a lot to read your daily recaps... I'm not familiar with all the various sources, so it's really nice to have it compiled in one spot like you do.

I know it's been said already, but Thank You @Eggs! I'm in the States and it helps a lot to read your daily recaps... I'm not familiar with all the various sources, so it's really nice to have it compiled in one spot like you do.

...no problem, Matey, love it that you folk still tune in over the other side of the pond. Keep warm over there if you’re not fortunate enough to be in @LinekersLegs neck of the woods.

...no problem, Matey, love it that you folk still tune in over the other side of the pond. Keep warm over there if you’re not fortunate enough to be in @LinekersLegs neck of the woods.

I'm on the East coast so not too bad for me, but the Midwest has been dealing with the ridiculous cold... have some family in the Midwest and they're managing it.

I hope you are right we cant keep spending 150m ish every summer on 5-6 players and hope everything jels almost instantly, in my opinion we need 3 players this summer 2 of whom are currently on loan at the club. we do however need a striker can Onyekuru do that and save us money? hopefully, he certainly looks better than what is currently up front for us, so the two on loan may cost 60-70ish million, selling Tuson and Gana (who will get his move IMO) and hopefully some of those on Loan Mirrallas Bolasie and Martina, between those 5 we should cover most of the transfer for Gomez and Zouma.
If we were serious about improving then we would need better quality than what you've suggested. Unless the manager/players improved I can't see us finishing higher than seventh. Gomes and Zouma have not been outstanding by any stretch of the imagination. So if this is the aim of Moshi I ask what's the point anymore? You may be right of course so we will see next year. I believe to have any say in top 6 now a striker worth more than 50m is required. I think the premiership is entering a new era of top six monopoly. We thought the new sky money would level the playing field. It's only serving to widen the gap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back