Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about ffp rules?? I know we have 75 million for the Finch naming deal but I would be suprised if we could grab VVD as well as Snides and Lookman...?
He's going to go for more than Stones surely ?
It's because of ffp rules that any deal like this needs to be done this month. Selling Stones allowed us to spend big in the summer but it never happened, if we don't do it this month then we can't do it next summer without selling again.

It's because of ffp rules that any deal like this needs to be done this month. Selling Stones allowed us to spend big in the summer but it never happened, if we don't do it this month then we can't do it next summer without selling again.
correct

We have one of those mate thankfully. If we can find a world class CB then whatever we pay is worth it in my opinion. Same with a keeper.

i just don't view van dijk as world class, admittedly i haven't seen a mass amount of him, just think there's questions there defensively and i'd rather a more solid defender. I think we're lacking in attack myself, if lukaku gets injured for example, none of our wingers have done much this season and ross has struggled. I think and believe we'll get another two in in that area thankfully and hopefully we'll start creating a bit more. We were clinical yesterday and tbf we have been for the majority of the season (mainly because of lukaku) but we don't really create many chances in any of our games.

i just don't view van dijk as world class, admittedly i haven't seen a mass amount of him, just think there's questions there defensively and i'd rather a more solid defender. I think we're lacking in attack myself, if lukaku gets injured for example, none of our wingers have done much this season and ross has struggled. I think and believe we'll get another two in in that area thankfully and hopefully we'll start creating a bit more. We were clinical yesterday and tbf we have been for the majority of the season (mainly because of lukaku) but we don't really create many chances in any of our games.

Hes probably the best CB in the league, which tells you everything you need to know about the quality of CBs in the league.

Infact the world, said it for a while now, but im not sure theres been a period in which theres been so many God damn awful CBs around, the standard of defending worldwide is at an all time low.

Cant you make your own ffp rules up when you have money? City seemed to find away, not that we have that much, besides we havent sold anyone so far, I wonder if we will to balance things.
That is a very good point, Rules get bent when your minted. We are however Everton and I just don't see us held in that bracket of clubs allowed to bend em....just yet.
However...
It sounds like Dela is offski, According to toffeetv it was intimated he's now wanting out...must be worth £10 million to Milan surely...

Hes probably the best CB in the league, which tells you everything you need to know about the quality of CBs in the league.

Infact the world, said it for a while now, but im not sure theres been a period in which theres been so many God damn awful CBs around, the standard of defending worldwide is at an all time low.

Goat?

True, but there are still some incredible centre backs out there. Mainly in Italy.

I'm also not sure if we have that sort of cash available.
If we do then we can't sit on it after January due to FFP if I'm correct.

I know there was talk of a big bid for Koulibaly in the summer but the money is only there if it's spent ultimately.

If we have this sort of cash available and are actively looking to spend it, I'd love to be a fly on the wall over the next fortnight. I would think though that the media would be linking us with all sorts.

Balls to FFP I say, another ploy to maintain the present elite.

i've said the same, then i've been saying the same about strikers as well, there's probably about 10 world class strikers in the world! And then you start to think of centre mids? Too much money and over emphasis on elite fitness etc i think has played in the massive demise of standard of football.

Alderweireld is the best centre back in the league for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back