Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
can somebody clear up FFPP for me, does it only appeal to clubs in the CL and EL? If so, it'd be better off if we went out and bought more now (especially squad players) than in the summer where we'd be more restricted if we're in europe? I believe this is sort of the thinking of letting all our outs go on loan. So come the summer we can sell them all for transfer fees and give us more leeway in what we can spend as opposed to sacrificing a big sale?

Its true sadly C, I cant think of anybody currently better.

Granted, the 3 at Juve are the utter sex.
Munich as well. Don't rate any of Barca or Madrids centre backs, spare Varane, one bit though and they're at arguably the 2 best sides around

can somebody clear up FFPP for me, does it only appeal to clubs in the CL and EL? If so, it'd be better off if we went out and bought more now (especially squad players) than in the summer where we'd be more restricted if we're in europe? I believe this is sort of the thinking of letting all our outs go on loan. So come the summer we can sell them all for transfer fees and give us more leeway in what we can spend as opposed to sacrificing a big sale?

FFP rules cover the last 3 years.

I think, cant say ive paid them no nevermind for a while, they havent been our concern.

I'm also not sure if we have that sort of cash available.
If we do then we can't sit on it after January due to FFP if I'm correct.

I know there was talk of a big bid for Koulibaly in the summer but the money is only there if it's spent ultimately.

If we have this sort of cash available and are actively looking to spend it, I'd love to be a fly on the wall over the next fortnight. I would think though that the media would be linking us with all sorts.

Balls to FFP I say, another ploy to maintain the present elite.

The FFP is there to maintain the elite while pretending they're doing it to protect smaller clubs from getting in to financial trouble. It was all about stopping smaller clubs from being taken over by a super rich benefactor and challenging the elite.

A bit like the Champions League 3rd placed teams drop in to the Europa league, not because it's fair just to give the big clubs a chance to increase revenue despite failing in the competition.

Personally I can't believe the 3rd placed teams dropping in to Europa league wasn't opposed by fans of any team other than the top 6. It makes a mockery of the Europa League.

Hope this helps, all to do with wages over 3 years

i just don't view van dijk as world class, admittedly i haven't seen a mass amount of him, just think there's questions there defensively and i'd rather a more solid defender. I think we're lacking in attack myself, if lukaku gets injured for example, none of our wingers have done much this season and ross has struggled. I think and believe we'll get another two in in that area thankfully and hopefully we'll start creating a bit more. We were clinical yesterday and tbf we have been for the majority of the season (mainly because of lukaku) but we don't really create many chances in any of our games.
Agree. Any top CB will do me. Yes we need another striker but we won't spend 50m on one with Lukaku still here I am afraid.
I said start of this month if we can get 3 in that will be first 11 players and clear some deadwood January will be a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back