Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in the top six regularly when the EL came into being.

I think we need to stop thinking in terms of a "top six" as a shorthand way of saying elite clubs.

The top six is interchangeable and two of the current top six finished outside the top six as recently as last season.

It is Sky at their football Orwellian Nuspeak again.

Like hyping up yesterday's two big games as "Merseyside v Manchester"........as if there was common purpose between the two clubs from each city in the games and civic pride was at stake.

And whatever way anyone cuts it, 5th place is still "best of the rest".......not 7th.

before Spurs got their act together and City got their money, when we were regularly battling for 5th with Villa it was top all about the top 4. No interest in this big 6 bulls**t.

Milan are allegedly skint and can only loan Del with a view to buying him...why does it feel like we can't sell a single player and why do Milan have no money?

Apparently Jags is wanted by Moyes, if we get another CB I suspect that'll happen. Can't see it being VVD though. I will miss you Jags.

Milan are allegedly skint and can only loan Del with a view to buying him...why does it feel like we can't sell a single player and why do Milan have no money?

Apparently Jags is wanted by Moyes, if we get another CB I suspect that'll happen. Can't see it being VVD though. I will miss you Jags.

Haven't Milan just been taken over?!

He has no money either. Probably offer us £600k for Jags.

before Spurs got their act together and City got their money, when we were regularly battling for 5th with Villa it was top all about the top 4. No interest in this big 6 bulls**t.
This is true, but it's also promising for us. Breaking the 'Sky Four' group seemed like an impossible task for a while, but it went and the league is better for it.

Things are more fluid now, and there's certainly room for us at the top of the game. The hard part is putting ourselves there, rather than waiting for acknowledgment from Sky and the rest.

I think McCarthy is the only player we could get a decent fee for, I'd certainly want back what we paid, but actually I would prefer if he stayed.

There was talk at the weekend, the usual rubbish I suppose, of a swap deal with Lamine Kone.

Jags would command a small fee, but its telling that nobody is prepared to pay upfront for any of our "rejects".

Watford might pay actual money for Cleverley in the summer, but I can't see a perhaps relegated Hull shelling out £10m for Niasse.

Gibson, McGeady, Kone, Lennon, Oviedo all need to be off our books by the end of next summer, it is criminal even allocating squad numbers to players who contribute nothing, bring on the best of the U-23s instead.

I imagine Cleverley and Niasse will be back with us in the summer. Nobody will pay money for them. Thank God Kone and McGeady are out of contract (right?). Maybe we can convince somebody to take Cleverley on a free, I am sure he'd have takers, then at least he's off the wage list. Still leaves Niasse though, but again perhaps we can loan him. Gibson, maybe we can mutully agree to cancel his contract if he has offers elsewhere.

Would be nice to get rid of Stekelenberg with a new keeper coming in, and Lennon and Jagielka should both command a small fee.

I think McCarthy is the only player we could get a decent fee for, I'd certainly want back what we paid, but actually I would prefer if he stayed.

There was talk at the weekend, the usual rubbish I suppose, of a swap deal with Lamine Kone.

Jags would command a small fee, but its telling that nobody is prepared to pay upfront for any of our "rejects".

Watford might pay actual money for Cleverley in the summer, but I can't see a perhaps relegated Hull shelling out £10m for Niasse.

Gibson, McGeady, Kone, Lennon, Oviedo all need to be off our books by the end of next summer, it is criminal even allocating squad numbers to players who contribute nothing, bring on the best of the U-23s instead.

Lennon was is excellent in our win over Arsenal and has played well in other games while Oviedo did a solid enough job whilst Baines was out

Their names don't belong on that list. They work hard when they play and can still contribute something

I imagine Cleverley and Niasse will be back with us in the summer. Nobody will pay money for them. Thank God Kone and McGeady are out of contract (right?). Maybe we can convince somebody to take Cleverley on a free, I am sure he'd have takers, then at least he's off the wage list. Still leaves Niasse though, but again perhaps we can loan him. Gibson, maybe we can mutully agree to cancel his contract if he has offers elsewhere.

Would be nice to get rid of Stekelenberg with a new keeper coming in, and Lennon and Jagielka should both command a small fee.

Nope, June 2018. Cheers Roberto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back