Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate. Part of the issue in the game now. so many young players pee their careers away by joining these clubs because they have the best coaches, and before they know it they are 22-23 and playing league one and wondering what happened.

Look at chelsea now. you can probably name a whole team of players, mostly english that would be starring elsewhere but do nothing at chelsea. so many talent wasted and people wonder why the national prospects suffer. How about taking solanke, Loftus cheek, bamford, chalobah, out of their youth team and getting them in a team where they can develop themselves?

city just as bad, United restrict chances when they want to, arsenal the same, just the same cycles over and over again. And they all join despite all the others failing before them.

....it's not easy turning down the big names when they come knocking, believe me. Parents are influenced and often significant amounts of money is paid. You're right, though, it is important to consider the best opportunity for your boy whilst being aware that the vast majority fail to make it. It's a ruthless business.

I don't think we'll see any further incomings until deadline day or that weekend, if at all.

I think Schneiderlin was RK's priority, and with the position we are in league-wise, I don't think there is any great pressure to get players in unless they are genuine targets, or something unexpected comes up late which they could take advantage of.

The Man City CB sounds a fine prospect, exactly the sort of young player we should be after. I'm not bothered about Belfodil either way and don't think we'll get VVD, Keane could be on in the summer.

The only thing is we would have constrained ourselves with FFP, but unless signing VVD is a serious possibility, that was probably going to be the case anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back