Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should in theory be a great draw to the best young talent both within the UK, Europe, and globally given our history of developing players, and for another while at least, being able to offer players a more realistic prospect of being in first-team squad contention relatively soon, and certainly sooner than the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd for example.

They don't need me drawing attention to it, but all the same it's something that we should try to market and highlight a bit more.

USM Finch Farm might be able to help in that respect, IMO we should be out-spending rivals and peers in maintaining the best possible academy and U-23 facilities and coaching staff, and for the teams in between, the new mini-stadium should be a boost also.

Perhaps its a little over-ambitious to suggest we could rival the reputation of La Masia, but certainly within the UK we could position ourselves as best in class in this respect, and be considered to be one of the best academies and youth development clubs in Europe.

The only thing that concerns me with this is if this lad is so highly rated by city then there is no they would allow us to join us. Secondly it is in a position in which they desperate for reinforcements. Or alternatively the lad is fed up at the lack of opportunity available to him at city and is open to the idea of joining Everton a team that is proven in giving youth a chance.

...it looks like he's not signing a new contract.

No chance. If anybody finds out he's available then a Chinese club will blow their offer out of the water and offer him 2m a week, to which he'll rightfully not say no to!
I think you may be mistaken about where his true income comes from and will come from. 2m a week would not be enough from a Chinese club, Messi's sponsorship image is worth far more than his player salary, and by moving to a far lesser league he would in essence be giving a lot of that up. It would cost him hundreds of millions over the next couple of decades.

I think you may be mistaken about where his true income comes from and will come from. 2m a week would not be enough from a Chinese club, Messi's sponsorship image is worth far more than his player salary, and by moving to a far lesser league he would in essence be giving a lot of that up. It would cost him hundreds of millions over the next couple of decades.
Ring up Bill, get him to counter their offer with 65k a week.

90% of which he will never be able to spend in his lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back