Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who is actually happy with January so far? We've done some alright business like. We've actually done business
Agreed with you. Not all targets are available in January. Clubs don't want to sell in Jan and if they do they tend to have inflated prices...... But the numpty in me is going into meltdown as we haven't signed the world!

Being realistic here. If we can't find anyone we really want right now, there's not much point to signing anyone else before summer. We're out of the cups, and firmly in the 7th spot at the moment. Rather we save our money for the summer when we can actually make a push next season. This one in essence is over unless some absolute craziness happens

Am I the only one who is actually happy with January so far? We've done some alright business like. We've actually done business
I like our additions... I'm not too keen on the way we handle transfers though. It leads me to believe there is a disconnect between owner, manager and Walsh because our interest is so wishy washy. At least we were confident about Schneiderlin and Lookman and got them signed.

The fact that Holgate and Davies are getting in the team and look completely comfortable releases the pressure of the quantity of signings needed this window, 2 months ago we needed 5 or 6 now we already have 2 in the bag I think 2 more (Striker and CB) would more than sufficient..

The fact that Holgate and Davies are getting in the team and look completely comfortable releases the pressure of the quantity of signings needed this window, 2 months ago we needed 5 or 6 now we already have 2 in the bag I think 2 more (Striker and CB) would more than sufficient..
I could go for a left back. Oviedo's done as a far as prem is concerned and Baines is getting on abit.

Being realistic here. If we can't find anyone we really want right now, there's not much point to signing anyone else before summer. We're out of the cups, and firmly in the 7th spot at the moment. Rather we save our money for the summer when we can actually make a push next season. This one in essence is over unless some absolute craziness happens

I thought that would be our strat.

If we had a chance of 4th we would spend big I think.

Otherwise, we will save our money and not "waste" it on Jan premiums.

We have still done some cracking business tho, we managed to get Niasse and The Clev "off the wage bill" for now and maybe a sale in the Summer, we brought in the boy Lookman and Morgs who will both make an instant impact and I also think we will do more business.

Im fairly pleased with this window so far and still the "best" 2 weeks to go.

I like our additions... I'm not too keen on the way we handle transfers though. It leads me to believe there is a disconnect between owner, manager and Walsh because our interest is so wishy washy. At least we were confident about Schneiderlin and Lookman and got them signed.

I think there is a conflict of agreement regards who we want between koeman and walsh.

we all know koeman is pig-headed and very stubborn. I'm not sure on walsh, but I guess he would have strong opinions, such is his role at previous clubs to be very opinionated as chief scout. there could be clashes on who likes who and who would fit best.

then we have the inept board that are left to do the deal on a player that is wanted by both koeman and walsh. our CEO elstone is known to be inadequate at getting deals done. and from our dealings so far (haggling with united and Charlton over minor requirements as if we are skint) it just doent bode well for furthering our squad in a hard January market.

It would be slightly disappointing but not as bad as the summer if this turned out to be the end of our business. Ideally we get 2 more in but one good player in attack would be more than acceptable.

I could go for a left back. Oviedo's done as a far as prem is concerned and Baines is getting on abit.
Agree. There are still many places that need to be 'upgraded' LB GK AM but I think we could survive until the summer to get replacements for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back