Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a conflict of agreement regards who we want between koeman and walsh.

we all know koeman is pig-headed and very stubborn. I'm not sure on walsh, but I guess he would have strong opinions, such is his role at previous clubs to be very opinionated as chief scout. there could be clashes on who likes who and who would fit best.

then we have the inept board that are left to do the deal on a player that is wanted by both koeman and walsh. our CEO elstone is known to be inadequate at getting deals done. and from our dealings so far (haggling with united and Charlton over minor requirements as if we are skint) it just doent bode well for furthering our squad in a hard January market.
Overall, I think the window is a success. I like the in-goings and outgoings, but like you said the people up top are very mediocre negotiators. I think it rubs other clubs the wrong way, and our wishy-WALSHY approach to signing players can turn the players themselves away as well. Walsh and Koeman... well idk what to even make of it. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way of negotiations because we already have to deal with enough crap from the board.

He's not amazing by any stretch, but works decent in a back 3. I really like Williams and think Jags still has a bit in the tank. Holgate could probably do a job if we were desperate too. Enner Valencia is our only other option up front
Yeah I agree with you. Belfodil would have been healthy for Rom providing he wasn't another Niasse.

If players we want permanently aren't available this window then who's we bring in some loan players on large wages, so we don't lose the benefit of seeing Stones last summer? That'd be another reason why we were interested in a loan for Depay.

If players we want permanently aren't available this window then who's we bring in some loan players on large wages, so we don't lose the benefit of seeing Stones last summer? That'd be another reason why we were interested in a loan for Depay.

The thing is tho mate, we have improved our commercial deals, so the desire to "spend the Stones money" isnt as great, cos we should have considerable wages leeway in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back