Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I suspect RK/SW wanted Depay as an immediate first team starter and Lookman as one with real potential. I don't think he's enamoured with any of the wide players he inherited and the injury to Bolasie means he'd like to bring a couple in to strengthen his team/squad. The timing of this latest link (with Bailey) indicates we are working our way down the list now that Depay seems to have floundered.

I think it's too early to gauge the strength of the Bailey rumour. I appreciate he's only a youngster (like Lookman) but perhaps he's seen as a more likely starter. I know you like Bailey and he does seem a real talent.

All guesswork.
I just think we didn't wanna pay 20 mil for him as there is no evidence to say he can make it in the PL and that's why we wanted to loan him instead

I can't wait to see Schneiderlin get slaughtered for having the gall to cost over 20 million and not have the ability of Messi. It's an outrage.

Ah, now I see.

Bit of a silly comment. I gave my fair assessment of what I've seen from Bolasie both here and before.

Schneiderlin, I have no idea. If they say he was the best DM in the league a couple seasons back when playing under Koeman then it sounds promising.

Most of the low hanging fruit has now been taken i.e the players clubs were prepared to sell at the right fee without having to sign a replacement first. Schneiderlin was such a transfer.

The majority of transfers at this stage of the window are economic transfers where the selling club cannot afford to turn a very good offer, but generally these are dependent on replacements being signed first.

We have probably three or four players that we would sell or loan , but only is we first find their replacements , Jagielka, Deulofeu, Kone maybe McCarthy and maybe even Oviedo. If there is going to be movement with any of these players it is likely to go to the last days of the window.

We used to have a striker called Andy Gray-vy.
(Sorry!)

Oh dear!
B9rldJ7drZINa.gif

;)

We need new magic.

A quick, hard-working, and technically gifted player, Felipe Anderson is predominantly known for his pace and is regarded as one of the fastest players in the modern game, he also possesses good ball control, and dribbling ability; he is also a versatile player, and is capable of playing as a forward, as a winger, and as an attacking midfielder. In addition to his technical skills, he is gifted with powerful striking ability from distance with either foot, and is an accurate set-piece and penalty kick taker. He can also serve as an assist-man due to his creative ability and eye for the final pass.

I think there is a conflict of agreement regards who we want between koeman and walsh.

we all know koeman is pig-headed and very stubborn. I'm not sure on walsh, but I guess he would have strong opinions, such is his role at previous clubs to be very opinionated as chief scout. there could be clashes on who likes who and who would fit best.

then we have the inept board that are left to do the deal on a player that is wanted by both koeman and walsh. our CEO elstone is known to be inadequate at getting deals done. and from our dealings so far (haggling with united and Charlton over minor requirements as if we are skint) it just doent bode well for furthering our squad in a hard January market.

Read in the Times that Walsh has stated that he wants to sign "5 best teenagers to Everton" - whatever that means but I guess that Koeman is looking for immediate first teamers rather than potential but perhaps Lookman may change his mind a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back