Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea mate, just that both are 22 and have never really been given a chance.
Both have had injuries over the last 12 months. Would you play one of them in the Right side of a 3 before holgate?
I wouldn't and that's the main problem for both of them.

I think both of them will be gone in the summer.

...it's a very fair point. It looks like we could be in no-mans land and although you wouldn't want to use the Premier League as trial matches it would make sense. I suppose much depends on whether RK has already made his mind up on certain individuals and also where opportunities arise with injuries etc.
Tbh there are benefits even if he has made his mind up, if they can be seen to do a decent, if not spectacular, job for us then the offers for them would presumably be higher - with both coming back from injuries they have somewhat fallen off the radar of other clubs.

I just want to wake up and we have signed a worldy, no protracted paper talk and crap ITK links and 3 week medicals just a quick, effortless 1st class signing....................please make it happen.

I think it would be extremely naive not to sign a top center half and just rely on the youth. We have not secured 7th and we still need to try and push for 6th. Jagielka is gone legs wise, holgate still young and funes mori still has to improve on his positional sense. We need a cb in there's no question about it for me.

Pennington needs a loan, Galloway isn't good enough to be a starter at center half and we dont have enough quality there.

Its just as important as the striker for me.

...this claims we are renewing interest in Manolas;

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2017/01/blues-renew-interest-manolas/

If we did have some interest in Depay though and have/are sniffing around Mertens, then it's looks like we are looking for a right footed left winger who likes to cut inside and who can play all across the front 3 positions if needed.

Depay/Mertens//Dzagoev all been to various degrees linked, Bailey is an out and out wigner i believe, Peresic would fit the mould as well, think it's gonna run getting linked with players in that position till the end of the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back