Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we made a statement signing. I understand with the stadium move we have to be financially prudent but someone like Van Dijk or Rodriguez in the £50 million bracket would transform the club off the field whilst giving us a top class talent on it/convince your Lukaku's that we are a big club to be a part of.

Cleverly, Niasse, Deulofeu and McCarthy all will be likely out the door in the summer so surely we can afford to bring in that 1 top class player.

Aymeric Laporte has a release clause of £52m. Hello Aymeric.

Seriously if we were going to just throw 30 million at Sissoko and near 40-60 for Koulibaly then how are we not going out and making these big bids for VVD or Gimenez or Rodriguez, or even Ayermic... like come on! For the kind of money they wanted to throw at Sissoko we should be making these big bids for others that actually have talent.

Wish we made a statement signing. I understand with the stadium move we have to be financially prudent but someone like Van Dijk or Rodriguez in the £50 million bracket would transform the club off the field whilst giving us a top class talent on it/convince your Lukaku's that we are a big club to be a part of.

Cleverly, Niasse, Deulofeu and McCarthy all will be likely out the door in the summer so surely we can afford to bring in that 1 top class player.

We tried that in the Summer.

Most of them are still laughing at us.

We tried that in the Summer.

Most of them are still laughing at us.

Tbf we've gone from a bottom half club to now one sat on the heels of the top 6, with a somewhat ambitious owner and good squad. Add in signing Schneiderlein and drubbing Citeh we surely must be more attractive than what we was in the immediate aftermath of Boberto.

Tbf we've gone from a bottom half club to now one sat on the heels of the top 6, with a somewhat ambitious owner and good squad. Add in signing Schneiderlein and drubbing Citeh we surely must be more attractive than what we was in the immediate aftermath of Boberto.

We need European football.

Without it, we have no chance.

We need European football.

Without it, we have no chance.

Providing Utd or the Kopites win the League cup and one of the top 6 win the FA Cup I would say Europa is more or less guaranteed as can't see us not finishing 7th once Schneiderlein replaces Barry and we hopefully bring in another 1-2 decent signings.

Providing Utd or the Kopites win the League cup and one of the top 6 win the FA Cup I would say Europa is more or less guaranteed as can't see us not finishing 7th once Schneiderlein replaces Barry and we hopefully bring in another 1-2 decent signings.

Yeah so in the Summer we will have something to sell the players.

Currently we have nothing but a dream, players dont sign for dreams.

C2hwjVKWEAAMnxH.jpg

Signed on a 4 year deal. #WelcomeDonald.

Van Dijk I think would join on the basis of reuniting with Koeman, I agree it would be difficult signing anyone else.

He would be foolish to sign for us when its rumoured that CL clubs will be after him in the Summer.

I know we like to look at things with our blue glasses on, but put yourself in VVDs shoes, who would you sign for? Us, Arsenal, City or Utd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back