Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you believe the ITKs, we are trying for VVD, hell it might even come off, I remain unconvinced personally, but it appears as tho we are at least trying, thats all we can do.

I just can"t see them letting VVD go this window after losing Fonte

He would be foolish to sign for us when its rumoured that CL clubs will be after him in the Summer.

I know we like to look at things with our blue glasses on, but put yourself in VVDs shoes, who would you sign for? Us, Arsenal, City or Utd?

The graveyard of failed players at each of thosecclubs who signed for big money would suggest the grass ain't always greener

Shame most footy players,are thick.

Btw as for VVD, all depends on how close his relationship is,with Koeman. Alternatively he may fancy going to City to replace there host of 30-50m cbs, go to United where if Jose gets up on the wrong side of the bed your finished at the club, or Arsenal who don't know who there next manager is gonna be, and who are gonna lose there two best players in 6 months.

Aymeric Laporte has a release clause of £52m. Hello Aymeric.

Geez I was punting for this bloke beginning of last season.. now that would a hell of a purchase.

I wouldn't go for VVD at those prices mentioned. Would rather take a punt on Stefan de Vrij... not even going to pretend we after Laporte..

Yeah so in the Summer we will have something to sell the players.

Currently we have nothing but a dream, players dont sign for dreams.

Europe is huge for us now for attracting players. We're struggling to get that next level of player to join us and although it isn't Champions League, the Europa as well as being a top 7 team in the Premier League, with the wages that comes with it too, would get those players signed.

Europe is huge for us now for attracting players. We're struggling to get that next level of player to join us and although it isn't Champions League, the Europa as well as being a top 7 team in the Premier League, with the wages that comes with it too, would get those players signed.

Agreed, nobody wants to join a team thats finished 11th twice, but a team in Europe, on the up, well, maybe.

The reality is also that getting top 4 is not guaranteed for any team now. Chelsea and United have both missed out in recent seasons and with Liverpool and Spurs also up there there will inevitably be 'Sky 4' teams missing out every year.

It's not black and white like it used to be, sign for United/Arsenal/Chelsea you'll be in the Champions League.

Can't see that swaying him to be honest.

If it's a choice between a better wage and playing for a team that wants to get up into Europe consistently versus the possibility of maybe winning a cup I think it's an easy decision.
Yeah but he can join in the summer like..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back