Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I think Saido is yet to officially sign

If we're going to make one last gasp attempt, it's going to have to be now I think

Seeing as Koeman has seemingly gone off Daffodil, I live in hope

His legs are huge now, don't know whether he will lose the weight but his attitude is questionable and we cant afford to take risks when we have had players downing tools for our last manager. We have a young core in our team and need to look after them.

I think Saido is yet to officially sign

If we're going to make one last gasp attempt, it's going to have to be now I think

Seeing as Koeman has seemingly gone off Daffodil, I live in hope

What do you see in him Mikey m'man....have you had special word that he's NOT just bang average and with an attitude akin to a massive petulant child?

Kessie is the sort of player I would not mind paying a couple of million over the odds to sign.

Its almost impossible for us to compete like for like with the big clubs and if we got him in so early in his career, it could be a phenomenal signing.

A risk, but a low one in my opinion. Exactly the sort of player we need to show some boldness to sign.

Last edited:
What do you see in him Mikey m'man....have you had special word that he's NOT just bang average and with an attitude akin to a massive petulant child?

I think there are two sides to every story. The "bad attitude" tag is often flung at younger players when they refuse to let a club walk all over them. Moyes used to do it a lot here, even with lads like Barkley. I'm willing to believe that all is not exactly as it seems over there

I really do think he still has lots to offer a PL team, and with a fresh start he can rebuild his career

I think there are two sides to every story. The "bad attitude" tag is often flung at younger players when they refuse to let a club walk all over them. Moyes used to do it a lot here, even with lads like Barkley. I'm willing to believe that all is not exactly as it seems over there

I really do think he still has lots to offer a PL team, and with a fresh start he can rebuild his career

Fair doo's....y'know what, I'm probs being a bit harsh on him TBH because he's just kinda skipped under my radar and I don't know a great deal abarrr him really.

Is an improv on the back up/options we have?

Resounding YES I suppose...so I wouldn't be too unhappy were he to arrive.

Fair doo's....y'know what, I'm probs being a bit harsh on him TBH because he's just kinda skipped under my radar and I don't know a great deal abarrr him really.

I don't think we should use that as a barometer to what we bring in as it would be really hard to not be better than our current back ups.

He's a definite improvement over Niasse and Kone

Not saying much like, but that doesn't make it wrong

I think we need another two strikers, even in the event Lukaku is staying next year.

Niasse/Kone/Valencia will hopefully be consigned to EFC history in the summer.

I would be, or would have been very happy to have Berahino as one of the three.

He's hardly done anything to warrant a move to a top club though and if we are aspiring to be one of those we should be aiming a little higher IMO.

Throw his spat in with WBA as well and I'm failing to see any form of attraction to him.

I don't think we should use that as a barometer to what we bring in as it would be really hard to not be better than our current back ups.

It's weird innit, I look at KONE - and did when he was at WIGAN - and I've been made aware by numerous that he's a truly nice fella, all that jazz...but I look at him and think 'Mate, how have you gained employ in the PL?' I'm sure he'd do OK in the lower end of the Scotch Prem or League One, whatever...but here...he just offers so very little really, odd flash aside...

A very lucky footballer...something tells me he knows that too.

I think we need another two strikers, even in the event Lukaku is staying next year.

Niasse/Kone/Valencia will hopefully be consigned to EFC history in the summer.

I would be, or would have been very happy to have Berahino as one of the three.
Would agree with all that. Whether we ended up with Saido or not we need a couple for next season and would need a 3rd if god forbid Rom left in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back