Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kessie is the sort of player I would not mind paying a couple of million over the odds to sign.

Its almost impossible for us to compete like for like with the big clubs and if we got him in so early in his career, it could be a phenomenal signing.

A risk, but a low one in my opinion. Exactly the sort of player we need to show some boldness to sign.

As good a prospect as he looks, I can't imagine he'd be a priority now. Central midfield is the area we look just about best off in with Schneiderlin signing, Davies now seen as a proper option, Gueye a couple of weeks from coming back, Barry having a new deal, McCarthy supposedly not being sold until the summer and even Besic a month or two away from fitness (allegedly)

Don't really get the Begovic hype myself, seems to have settled as been a well paid back up keeper when he moved to Stoke. He's a dceent age but I'd like to see us go for a keeper that could be around for the next 10 years. Spours is the example we should follow when they signed Lloris, thats the level we need to be looking at.

Kessie is the sort of player I would not mind paying a couple of million over the odds to sign.

Its almost impossible for us to compete like for like with the big clubs and if we got him in so early in his career, it could be a phenomenal signing.

A risk, but a low one in my opinion. Exactly the sort of player we need to show some boldness to sign.

If we are seriously interested in Kessie it would indicate that we are looking to develop a system which would involve an all action midfield and a possible back 3, making us very hard to score past. Having discussed Deulofeu at length recently I noted how he could not have scored the goal Davies did on Sunday. He would have stayed sat on the floor demanding a free kick. In this system we would Utilise wing backs and a lethal striker, with a wing forward supporting (Mirallas/Lookman/?). Against Man City it showed that with clinical finishing we can not just win but hammer very good sides.

Could this same tactic work against the likes of Palace away though?

Good time to experiment and get that squad balance correct and drilled ahead of August 17.

I think we need another two strikers, even in the event Lukaku is staying next year.

Niasse/Kone/Valencia will hopefully be consigned to EFC history in the summer.

I would be, or would have been very happy to have Berahino as one of the three.

i'd have berahino on a free, of course, but we'd still need to buy another one. Kone's out of contract, valencia will return to west ham and you'd expect we'd do anything to get niasse out of the door.

Still too early to say if DCL should be our 3rd choice imo, so if we did get berahino, i'd prefer someone better as well, just in case it doesn't work out for him, he's barely played in the last couple of years.

I'd love us to go keylor navas at real as our keeper if we're feeling ambitious.

Joel is underrated. People still have him down as 'not great' because we've seen him from his very early years as a goalkeeper. But when was the last time you saw him make a howler? And how regularly do we see him make good saves?
Think he could have done a lot better for the goal in the derby, but apart from that I haven't seen many mistakes from him this season.

Steklenburg, on the other hand, has cost us around 4 goals from silly mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back