Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
On free kicks and corners, especially at the end of the game, I'm just terrified. We simply need a stud a center half. Simple as that.

Beyond that, we certainly need more attacking options. Wing play would certainly be nice, but so would having another finisher up front that Rom could run off of, no question. But seriously, our bench has nothing. Today, Lookman was interesting, but when an 18 year old kid that is more a player for the future is your only option, you have problems.

Looks like Jags is well and truly off.

Time for us to bring in a top class CB.
swansea and palace both want him. would be a good move for him and them tbh.

Great lad but i'd rather him go still being able to somewhat play so we remember him properly unlike howard who was playing well past his sell by date and ended up turning everyone against him.

Okazaki ? Wtf.... he's a worse version of Naismith ...

Come on lad don't be ridiculous he's alot better than Naismith. We could do with player like him anyway, a proper workhorse striker and somebody who will press the defence, get in the box, link up with Rom etc.

Mirallas has played well the past couple of matches but we should really be looking for a better option to play alongside Rom up top.

We need a striker who can help provide chances for Rom. Hopefully WRD is right in that we were in for Mertens - he'd be perfect to play the role Mirallas has been in.

Interesting that Lennon was left out of the squad today while Lookman was kept in. He can't be happy with his game time this season?

Think that we'll be seeing McCarthy, Jagielka, Kone leaving this window, with possibly Lennon and Gibson if the right players are brought in.

Come on lad don't be ridiculous he's alot better than Naismith. We could do with player like him anyway, a proper workhorse striker and somebody who will press the defence, get in the box, link up with Rom etc.

I would rather have Naismith than okazaki... and I'm not joking. Better finisher, good in the air... and has snide in him... both work as hard as eachother but Naismith scores more and has more about his game. Questions for you? Where are we aiming to be? Top 6 is the next target ? Would Okazaki get anywhere near the bench of any of the top 6? ....... NO

I would rather have Naismith than okazaki... and I'm not joking. Better finisher, good in the air... and has snide in him... both work as hard as eachother but Naismith scores more and has more about his game. Questions for you? Where are we aiming to be? Top 6 is the next target ? Would Okazaki get anywhere near the bench of any of the top 6? ....... NO
Don't want him either, but he has a league winners medal...He finished top 1, not top 6.

This. Mirallas won't work on every team. We need a scrapper on certain days and we need a skilled support striker on others. Crystal Palace took advantage by parking the bus a bit. Allowed us to get crosses in at will.
Have said the same. We all know Lukaku is going to be playing every match he is fit. Giving us a different look would give a lot of options, especially matches we are either chasing or trying to win at the end with a big forward.

Shame a lot of our crosses are awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back