Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think lookman will come in for mirallas...

The big ones are;

GK
LCB
CF
LB

But....if you play 3 cms i think you need 5 in total

barks gueye schneids davies kessie

that looks strong...but yeah like you said before if walsh comes through no need....

how about europa next season though?

Thing is mate, one of our points we can sell players coming in on is more game time than theyd get moving to a 'bigger' club

we go and buy kesie for example then whose starting for us in a 3-4-3 formation which seems to suit the squad.

Players like Schneiderlin, Gueye, Kessie arent gonna be signing for us to play as a sub or to start a handful of league games and play in the league cup mate, Kessi for example would be an utter waste of money and would simply signify that Barkley and DSavies have no future at the club - which all evidence shows they do

We won't be signing a starting left back btw, we need a young player who for the next season or two can back up Baines and get experience for eventually replacing him
Keeper we won't be bringing anyone in now, possibly the summer, but Robles has the chance to make that all mute if he can continue the way hes been playing, Koemans a pragmatist and if you dont let him down then you will stay.

CF - we need a second striker for certain, but its not gonna be some 30m signing, they wont come to sit behind lukaku, we need to get one who is either a veteran whose ok with the role, or young and from a much lower profile league, who will see a squad player in this league as a step up from starting in belgium/holland etc

LCB - no argument and its why by all accounts we are looking to bring one in for good money

Fosu mensah is a full back mate who can play centre back ;)

Actually mate - the united fans regard his natural position as a defensive midfielder, he was being played as a full back out of position by LVG - like a lot of central players are done early in there careers.

He is not naturally a full back, and even if he was - why on earth would he swap the united wildnerness for sitting on our bench behind Coleman.

Added thing, Kenny is the same age as him - you go out and buy this lad - are you saying we shouild get rid of Kenny mate and that hes not good enough?

Honestly we don't need him - he may be great etc etc etc, but right now why should we be paying 30m+ for a young player to simply displace Davies - or for that fee more than likely to displace Gueye/Barkley and force Davies down further.

Gonna spend big money on positions now, then it should be for areas where we are weak - Mori and Mirallas being the obvious two starting positions that we could and should look to upgrade on

I don't understand. You don't want us to sign players who might be better than our current players?

I don't understand. You don't want us to sign players who might be better than our current players?

Yes mate, i think what we should do is sign Gueye and Schneiderlin then a couple of weeks later sign someone to replace one of those, then maybe we can a couple of days later sign someone to replace that player

Hope we sign keane this week so we can sign VVD the next day to replace him

I agree that these 2 are most likely the areas he will try to improve on next. Both doing a decent job at present though, so they do have the opportunity to show him they are worth keeping.

We will need another striker too, that's for sure. Unless he believes DCL has the tools to come through as well.

Strikers a tough one, as basically your looking for someone whose happy to just be a bit part player - and at most get 10-15 minutes a game

I'm curious why you think he'd be closer to them. Wouldn't he be closer with all the other guys who have been in the senior squad with him for longer?

Just tend to think that even though he's been longer in the senior players company then the likes of Tom and Mason, he possibly finds it easier to relate to and interact socially with them.

I might be wrong, but it just seems to me that since Tom and now Mason have started to get more game time, Ross is looking more comfortable and confident. Some of his play yesterday and indeed against City was terrific and long may it continue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back