Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually mate - the united fans regard his natural position as a defensive midfielder, he was being played as a full back out of position by LVG - like a lot of central players are done early in there careers.

He is not naturally a full back, and even if he was - why on earth would he swap the united wildnerness for sitting on our bench behind Coleman.

Added thing, Kenny is the same age as him - you go out and buy this lad - are you saying we shouild get rid of Kenny mate and that hes not good enough?
Why do we always think that other clubs second string/older youth players are better than ours, when our U23 squad is dominating the league. Kenny is captain of the under 23s who have far and away the best defensive record in the league. Didn't look out of place in his premier debut and is still first choice for a very talented England under 20 squad.

Why do we always think that other clubs second string/older youth players are better than ours, when our U23 squad is dominating the league. Kenny is captain of the under 23s who have far and away the best defensive record in the league. Didn't look out of place in his premier debut and is still first choice for a very talented England under 20 squad.

I don't mate, read my quoted post in the context of what i was asking Zat.

I was stating the opposite - and wondering at the thinking of people who go on about bringing the youth through - whilst wanting to bring in young players who are only going to prevent the process of bringing our own better youth team players through

Stated numerous times that i see Kenny as the long term replacement to Coleman

Been linked with Ghezzal in France. Could play Mirallas's position, which would then leave Mirallas with the possibility of playing two positions- either a striker or what he plays now. Any good this lad?

I don't mate, read my quoted post in the context of what i was asking Zat.

I was stating the opposite - and wondering at the thinking of people who go on about bringing the youth through - whilst wanting to bring in young players who are only going to prevent the process of bringing our own better youth team players through

Stated numerous times that i see Kenny as the long term replacement to Coleman
I know mate.

I was asking you the question as I knew you agreed with me.;)

Been linked with Ghezzal in France. Could play Mirallas's position, which would then leave Mirallas with the possibility of playing two positions- either a striker or what he plays now. Any good this lad?
Don't know really mate. tried to catch his games for Lyon since we were linked with him in the summer but doesn't always start for them and got fed up watching in the end tbh.

Played and scored for Algeria a couple of days ago. Wasn't overly impressed with either Ghezzal or Algeria but can't really judge on that performance alone. He's a left footed playmaker type so would offer something different to what we have at the moment. Out of contract in the summer so wouldn't cost a fortune either.

Wouldn't be a huge gamble. He's the sort of player we need, just not sure if he's good enough.

If it was a choice of buying Danny Wellbeck or staying with Merallas/Lookman partnering Lukaku up front I don't think he would be a significant improvement.
He was sold by Man Utd, he really hasn't done an awful lot at Arsenal due to injury.
I expect Lookman to develop into a partner for Lukaku fairly quickly.
If we are to buy a forward he needs to be the finished article who can go straight in and make a significant improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back